Thursday, July 21, 2011

{Calling all angels}


I have some kind of repelling shield around my little love cottage.
The shield does not allow music to come through the radio airwaves into the house.
OH WAIT!!!
Let me take that back.
I DO get one oldies and one Latino station.
Neither of which I am impressed with.
So a lot of my music pleasure is brought to me on satellite TV.
I saw a wonderful "crossroads" concert on Palladia.
They had crossed roads with Pat Monahan [lead singer of Train], and ol' what's her toe, Martina McBride.
Love Train [Pat Monahan]....not so much love for M.M.
Anyway, together they make good harmony in spite of my judgements of M.M
Check this out:

Pat was asked a lil' somethin' somethin' about the meanings of his song "Calling all angels".
He said that people assume the song is about religion or spirituality. 
And it is neither.
It is about your own internal goods and uglies.

Pat said that he was going through a very hard time in his life.  He had consulted a counselor to help him sort out his issues.  The counselor told him:
"In each one of us, we have a traitor and an angel.
It's time you start calling all your angels from within to help you."

I think this statement so profound.
It softens a person and takes away the hate, anomocity, and black thoughts.
I would rather be influenced by my angels than be a traitor to anyone.....
especially to myself.


4 comments:

paula said...

Sigh....I love TRAIN. You know we totally should have seen them in concert last year. If only we would have known I wouldn't have gone in to labor during...it was a couple days before my due date remember? We also should have seen them the year before but it was the night before we left for our cruise...remember? My mind is a reservoir of useless facts and memories.

I never would have guessed the song was about that. Now it gives it a whole new meaning. I LOVE IT. I've really got to check out this channel you watch these concerts on.

I love me a little Martina McBride. But that probably doesn't surprise you does it? It was the first concert I took Elliott to. He was a wee babe, strapped to my chest with my MOBY wrap. Maybe that's a sign right there that her music could be considered "snoozer music".

paula said...

ooh...just listened to the song on the link. I love that song too.

Tracy said...

What if my Angels have horns?? <:)
(And changed their phone #s?) <:(

Anonymous said...

We all need a direct line to our lil angels. Is there an app for that?

E