Monday, July 5, 2010



{Good ol' Americana parade}
4th of July festivities
Part I
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aunt T. met up with me and Riv for the annual West Jordan 4th of July Parade
It was a BLAST!



We had our red, white, and blue snowies.



We also had our flag boy showing skills with the "Patriotic Moon Walk"
and our "Posture Queen Certificate Winner" representing with the "High knees, point toe, smile" show.


The ritual that Riv despises!!!
Sunblock applications.
He will thank me when he's 40.



There were around 100 entries.
Now that I post these pics, I realize that there where quite a few floats.


A parade just isn't complete without a parrot riding shotgun on a llama's back !??!?!?




Riv was part of the freak show by "high fiv'n" the skeleton and doing some kind of happy jig in the middle of the road :)


Apparently, not even horse crap will stop a kid from dashing, diving, and line-backing for a smooshed piece of taffy.


One of the most fulfilling parts of the day was finally finding Waldo!!!!
I've been looking for that striped dork for years!


The parade lasted about 2 1/2 hours and by the end we were famished and thirsty. 
Time to move on to the next event of the day.........

Later Gator!!!

Part II coming soon


2 comments:

Amie said...

I forget how awesome your parades are over there!!!! Love ya guys!

Anonymous said...

It isn't a parade until the smashed ground candy is all gone!!
I miss those fun parades. Glad you kids had a fun fourth.

Auntie E