Sunday, July 18, 2010


{The power of a new shower}



I have waited almost 5 years to remodel my master shower.
I hated this mold infested glass crap house from the minute we moved in.
It's taken me so long to commit to spending the money because I felt that a new shower would be spoiled luxury on my part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before: top picture is from our bedroom looking into the bathroom.  There was glass separating the two rooms. 
Tacky and outdated look!


Before: the fugly glass surround shower


Before:  The doorway


We had the door moved over a few feet to make way for a larger shower!!!


Apparently, my "spoiled want" for a new shower became an obvious NECESSITY!
The entire underneath was MOLDY!!!
I swear!! 
 It's no wonder I could never get that sucker clean!!


We had everything covered, but it didn't stop 1" of dust from landing on every surface, corner, level, and crevice of my home!!!



Glass taken out and sheet rock put in it's place.....
OMG!! it's starting to look like a full wall!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~After pictures.....


We had the mosaic floor start from the doorway as an invitation to the shower.
It feels so spa like!



A ton of shelving with foot shelves on each side for shaving my legs!!!
Oh Yah!!!  I thought that one through!




A 7' shower head.
Randy finally has a shower that he doesn't have to duck under!
That was his only request.


And the final look of the completed wall from inside my bedroom.
I can't wait to decorate with some kind of iron hanging.

We absolutely love how this whole endeavor turned out.  Taking a shower is pure luxury for us, and worth every penny.
Our contractor, Beesley Construction was meticulous, professional, and fair priced.
Keep them in mind for any remodel projects you may have.......

hmmmmmmm
I liked their work so much,
that I think I'm seeing a new pantry in my future.....

Randy, you DID NOT hear that!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bathroom looks familier...hey wait a minute, that is the bathroom we had at the Aria in Vegas, nice try lady.

E

paula said...

It turned out beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person. Now that it's all said and done it seems like it happened fast....I know, I know..probably not to you.

Tracy said...

CONGRATS on yer new "Baby"!!!
She is GORGEOUS! I know, let's throw you a "Shower Shower"!!!
U know, new towels, Bath & Body Works stuff, etc.!!! :)

segura2salazar said...

it looks so good! Congrats!

Chelise said...

First thing I'm doing when I get to your house Gurl, is running up there and baskin in that new shower glory!! I know it was worth all the aggrivation of being up to your ass in plastic wrap! IT'S AMAZING!! I am so proud of your construction abilities to look at crap (old shower) and turn it into beautiful! Job well done sista!