Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{Todays new word is...}


I am experiencing my first real Arizona monsoon season as a resident.
With monsoon season, comes dust storms called "Habubs" pronounced "hah-boobs".
My new favorite word of the summer is
 HAH-BOOBs!!!
HAH-BOOBs
HAH-BOOBs
HAH-BOOBs
I'm sure there are a few  teenage boys that made it to second base this summer of 2011 and consider hah-boobs their favorite word too.
[wink, wink]

BTW:  Speaking of learning new words, I found it funny that Riv's AZ friend from the neighborhood didn't know what "heck" meant.
Guess you gotta be from Utah to know that there is no such thing as hell...unless you say the word hell, then you will definitely go to hell!  So in Utah we only say heck cuz we all want to go to heaven :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still cleaning up our Haboob mess.Fine dust covered everything and the pool looked like a swamp.The good news is I have lots of swiffer dusters!

E

paula said...

Speaking of hell....I saw footage of this on the news the other night. This big wave of dust rolling over the city....looks like hell! CRAZY. Something wicked this way comes!

The Wicked Witch of The North said...

You're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy! ;)