Friday, June 24, 2011

{ahhh!!! it burns!}


After yesterdays Pinocchio rehearsals, they had a "stage make-up" workshop.
Jax was the best Spidey-man I've ever seen in real life!!!!!
He was doing good with the paint mask for about an hour....
THEN it started to BURN!!!!!

"MOM!!!!! IT BURNS!!!
 IT BURNS!!!! 
GET IT OFF!!!
AAAHHHHHAAAAARRRRAAAHHHH!!!!!"

I sent him straight to the kitchen sink along with my make-up remover and a washcloth in hand.
We started by sticking his head in direct aim of the water sprayer,
then I smeared his face in remover cream.
SCRUB
SCRUB
SCRUB


and this is as good as it got!!!!
my own rasp-berried Groucho Marx!!!!
At this point, we were declaring war on this shiz!!!!
My ammo????
A bath pouf
A squirt of shampoo
A dash of mineral oil
And a pump of Randy's industrial hand cleaner!

Now that Jax is free of any residual face paint, zits or skin,
we are careful to keep him out of the sun and the make-up chair!

Poor kid! 
 He just wanted to save the world [and pretty red headed girls] with his Spidey alter-ego.
Who knew he would have to be de-faced and scrubbed like dirty potato!?!




3 comments:

Tracy said...

OH! Poor Jaxi!! At least he's committed to his craft. Just put a fedora and Aviator's on him and tell the town-folk he's doing his MJ act!
(Bleaching cream will really seal the deal!)

Anonymous said...

That damn spray paint, it's a bitch to get off.

E

paula said...

OH MY HELL. I laughed so hard....you need a warning at the top of this post...."If you are drinking something SWALLOW RIGHT NOW before proceeding!" I almost choked. Then I move on to the comments and do the same....I swear, you and your family could write a sitcom about all the crazy stuff that happens to you all.
I'm glad you eventually got the makeup off him. You can rest in peace now knowing that he doesn't have the epidermal abilities to be a drag queen.