Wednesday, June 22, 2011

{Pinocchio, the boy with long wood}

I am so sorry for the lack of posting, phone calling, and letting you all know what's going on.
I seriously have a BAD case of writers bloggers block.
I have a list of subjects and stories that I want to share, but my creativity and humor in writing, has come to a crossroads.
WHICH REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE
I LOVE TO WRITE!!!!!!
WTF IS WRONG WITH ME???!!?
My personal diagnosis is that I am not in a comfort zone yet.
A lot of my belongings are still packed in trailers.
I have a make-shift computer station that lacks a printer and a fucking envelope* because it's all buried.
*had an envelope break down yesterday.
It's those simple "norms" and conveniences that I value around me.
Without everything in it's Feng shui place, my mind feels like a shell with nothing but a big hoarding mess.
We are continuing to rent the little grey love shack until we figure out where our permanent landing place will be.
So, until then, I will be mind hoarding in idiotic mind chaos.
The ironic part, is that in the crappy circle of mental prison, 
writing is EXACTLY what I need to do to free it.
I really, really, really, super badly miss it!
I've decided that I need to start posting again.
Even if it's a short ramble, lame content and rediculously boring without pictures.
WHAT AM I SAYING?????
...I have to post pictures...
to me, they are like earrings, 
they add bling and personality, 
and you should NEVER not have them!
I at least have that much sense left!
Anyway, I hope you can put up with the mumbo jumbo for a bit.

Soooooooooo, to the real story at hand.
We stopped in to the local library, which is located in a modular type building, and is only open to lend their outdated books, 3 days a week.
I guess we got lucky to land on a "library open" day since the local swim pool was at capacity (88) and we had to take the kids to do a new outing.
(btw: kids would NOT rather do the library over the swim pool....just an FYI in case you try to change an outing course)
Posted on the cork board was a red flyer announcing Pinocchio auditions at the middle school on June 20.
Jax spotted the sign and nudged me over to read it.
He decided that since entertaining is his passion*, and he is pretty good at it, that he should go to the try outs :)
*so glad he loves himself
To my surprise, Riv piped up that he would like to go too!
(remember his stint with the lead role in a school Shakespeare play?)
Apparently, my boys like the spot light?!?!?!
hmmmm, they must get that from the Rand :)




Monday morning we were excited and hopeful as we walked into the 8:45 auditions.
Both boys received parts (THANK GOD!) that were made for them!!!
Riv was chosen to be the Assistant Director/Stage Manager!!!
He is loving bossing people around, assisting with lines, and making sure that the stage is working play order.
Jax's role is called Candlestick.
Candlestick has a posse of five.
Jax is to act gangsta-ish and make people laugh with humorous lines and actions.
They are allowing him to improv with his own funnies.
He even received a standing ovation yesterday among his peers and leaders!
He threw a holy livin' fit when he was given the part of Candlestick. He thought it was a chinsy role, and he was jealous of Riv's position......
that was until he found out that he has MORE lines than Pinocchio, and he get's to be all, 
YO YO YO HOMEY!!!!
The play opens on Saturday for two showings.

This daily ritual of getting up, dropping off, activity for boys, and then famished/sleepy children.....
brings a sense of "normal" back to my life.
I can't help but love the stimulation of keeping us active in some kind of artsy fartsy funs.

Slowly....we will build our life in the comforts we know :)

loves
xoxoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to be a real boy!! Jax and Riv bring talent and culture to the Verde.

XOXOXO
E

paula said...

Keep posting even if it is what you think is mumbo jumbo. We all want to hear about it!

Crap-I have a crying baby now...so much I wanted to say in this comment. Wish I could be there to see one of the shows of the big play. I'm sure they will both be amazing.

Gotta run. Love you all.

segura2salazar said...

Your writing keeps me going so ya better get your butt in gear! I know how disorganization breads frustration but baby you got what I need! I love ya and miss ya!