Tuesday, June 14, 2011


{hi friends}

I am able to take a moment and update you on our life up to this point.....
BUT first, let me give you a little behind the scenes to our move.
On Easter weekend, we came to AZ to visit our family.
It was a very tearful, heart-wrenching goodbye as we made our way back to UT.
Randy turned to me and said, 
"Can we just move already?!?"
He's been wanting to make the move for years.
I dug my feet into the Utah soil thinking that that's where my everything was.  Utah is all I know besides the few 8 years growing up in Idaho.  We had set up our Utah life to work for us...boys had a great scout group, Randy had a kick-ass job, I had a running clinic which broke my foot, and we all had great friends.
It was too overwhelming for me to leave something that was already OK.
But after much love and support and help was offered to us by my AZ family, I went with my heart and told Randy,
 "yes, we can move."
It only took a week, and he had already landed a great job in Flagstaff, we had 4 good offers on our house and it sold within 2 days!  Before I knew it......my AZ family was in UT ready to pack us up and caravan outta there!!!!!!


This is the view from my car.
It's very emotional watching my life travel down the freeway.



We moved on Memorial Day.
One truck load was sent with Justin the day before, and one more will come up with Paula and Jay D in a few weeks.  The rest of it we smooshed into these three cargo trailers and two cars.



Miss Kitty sat in the passenger seat next to me.
We rocked out to Kings of Leon, cried a little bit, and prayed outloud for safety to all who graciously took time out of their lives to create this move for us.
Amazingly, out of all the vehicles, trailers, and tires involved, we didn't have ONE problem!
The wind and angels were at our back pushing us the entire way.

The first week we stayed at Chelise's beautiful casa....we all collapsed and needed that week to rejuvenate.
Then a little grey house next door came available for rent.
We spent the next few days cleaning and moving in.


(front)
Welcome to my little love cottage :)


(back)
The house is 1800 sq ft. (2000 sq. ft smaller than my UT house!!!)
3 bedrooms 2 baths


I can see Chelise's house from my back porch.
A ditch divides the two properties and we are working on building a bridge to make easier access.


The view from the road


Elise bought us this bell for a house warming gift.
When the bell tolls, it means a couple of things......
it's dinner time, or beer:30.
Sometimes it means both.
Chelise can hear it from her house....
since my celly gets almost NO reception in this neck of the woods, we have gone to communicating in bell language.   
A good yell "CAW CAW" can also be heard and interpreted into whatever you want too.


(kitchen)


(dining/living room)


(master bedroom)


I've already lost Riv to the country.
He's been cleaning stalls and mowing lawns in trade for horse riding lessons from Chelise.
She says hes a natural and they both enjoy sharing the equine passion together.


A pretty common sight is:
~kids painted in mud and barefoot from swimming in the ditch and catching water skeeters
~BB gun bottle shootouts
~and these supah fun tractor/wagon rides.

Well, I hear the goats calling me....guess I better go kick a turd now.
I promise to add more posts and humor soon.....
I've just been a lil' bit busy lately :)
please forgive me.

btw: to those of you who placed a bet on me wearing camel-toe Wranglers and shit kickers by now were totally wrong!!!!
(and you know who you are! 
(((((Paula and Adrianne!))))))
I only wear a bun and prairie skirt!
SO THERE!











5 comments:

paula said...

YAY! FINALLY...pics of your new digs. It looks so comfortable and open. It's fun to see your stuff in a different house. Your description of things sound like a kids paradise.....so jealous. I spent a significant portion of my childhood summers in the country and I can tell you firsthand, this is a summer to remember for your boys.

I give you 2 more months of prairie skirts. In the "winter" months you will have to switch to pants and I know you too well to think that you'd actually wear a pair of Silvers or Seven jeans out to shovel shit. The fish bite will be coming soon.

I miss you :(
something fierce.
I hope to see you REAL SOON!
xoxo
LNMU

Jay D said...

That is one ugly looking lawn mower!!! Miss ya. Laters

Tracy said...

SHIT, Y'All! Love Shack lookin' GOOD!
Miss U like CRAZY!!!

Anonymous said...

Jolie can make any old shack look cute and cozy. it is great to see the Double R ranch sign by your new front door. You kids rock


E

segura2salazar said...

I love the house, it looks so inviting! I would say that is more to do with you than the house itself. I agree with Paula, your kids are going to be thanking you the rest of their lives for this grand adventure. We miss you!

P.S. Don't kid yourself, just when you think its safe the camel-toe wranglers and shit kickers will sneak up on you. It will start with just occasionally for the comfort and dirty work around the Baroness's cattle ranch when no one is looking. Before you know it you won't own anything else!