Tuesday, September 28, 2010

{In front of the girls}


I'm pretty sure I haven't done this in a while
to embarrass my boys


Nobody's seen me do this one
to embarrass my boys

And I know FOR DAMN sure, I've NEVER done this one
to embarrass my boys

~~~~~~~~

'WHAT IS IT THAT I HAVE DONE TO EMBARRASS MY BOYS?', you ask.

~I called River a gentleman
in front of the girls
~I greeted him with ,'hi honey! how was your day at school',
in front of the girls
~I tugged his ear as a gesture of love,
in front of the girls
~I asked if he got full off of his breakfast,
in front of the girls
~I touched his hair, I smiled at him, I asked any kind of question, I laughed, I cracked a joke, I BREATHED.....
in front of the girls.

I was wondering when this "my mom is sooooo embarrassing" phase would hit.
Yes, I was naive thinking that my boys are too sweet and love their momma way to much to be embarrassed by her....
AND, let's face it!
I'm cool! dammit!!!
What ever in the world would they have to be embarrassed about?!?!?!?

Apparently.....
A  WHOLE LOT!

eh....I'm ok now that I've thought about it....
knowing I can easily embarrass my boys, gives me some good ammo in the need of blackmail/punishment.
Until then, I will be quiet and non-touching to Riv
in front of the girls :)


4 comments:

susie said...

Oh this happens with girls too. You see, I send notes in my girlies lunches EVERYDAY and last year Trin (3rd grader) asked if I could come up with a code word to tell her I Love You. At first I agreed, then I said "No!" I figured until she gets out of elementary school the "I Love You's" will be written in no code! We will have to figure something out next year!

paula said...

Oh-I dread this.....Elliott aready wipes my kisses off some days. I have to admit....I never thought Riv would get embarrassed by you. YOU ARE COOL DAMNIT!

Anonymous said...

It could be worse...they could have me for their Mom and I would do everything I could to make their lives a LIVING HELL!! Are mini skirts and GoGo boots still in...

Love
E

Chelise said...

Oh ya gotta love the 7th grade! You ARE COOL, Dammit!!!