Monday, September 6, 2010

{Ass kicker....Brain sucker}



My two words for Home Schooling...
Ass kicker....brain sucker.




And I'm talking about ME!
The mom
The teacher
The whatever else I am in this house.


I'm only going into my second week......
it's all new to me and a bit overwhelming.
It takes as much of my time, patience and mental capacity as a full time job.
I'm thinking that I am valued at at least three figures!!!
THREE FIGURES!!!!!
YOU HEAR ME!!!!




How do these
 "home school since day one, smart people" do it????
??????????????????
FREAK'n A!!!!!!


(((((deep breath in thru nose, out thru mouth)))))
ahhhhhhhhhhh




I will get there.........


Sooner or later....


with or without hair
sleepless or hungover
sporting eye bags and/or wrinkles
body twitches and  shingles......


I'm pretty sure I will get there.


(Megan......how's it going for you?????)







4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Jolie, You are amazing and this time will be priceless to you (even if it is sometime in the future) So, after a long of thinking, we decided to send Jess to school this year. She needs more than I can give her right now and the whole high school/it counts thing. She was totally excited this morning when she left the house. Now let see how long that lasts! I love the fractions cartoon. I think I am going to steal it :) Enjoy this time with your boy. Priceless work you are doing girl!

Anonymous said...

find out what time the bus will come by and jump on it...run Jolie run...

E

paula said...

I really think it will get better once you get into the routine of class and lesson planning. Don't get too frustrated and burnt out yet. I think maybe just to be safe you should tentatively plan a girls trip at the end of every month....or at least a girls night.

Chelise said...

I'm with Paula gurl! You are definitely gonna need some time away from the house at least once a month! You Rock and you totally have a handle on this new chapter of your life....it's just not gonna feel like it for a month! I can GARAUNTEE Jax is learning how to spell, way better than I can...