Tuesday, September 21, 2010


{the last one}


River had one last baby tooth....
That's if you don't count the two bottom molars that do not have permanent teeth behind them. 
 A genetic thing I'm told.

One last baby tooth.......
that didn't want to come out on it's own.
It just wanted to stay in its comfort of what it's known for the last decade.

One last baby tooth........
that while being extracted,
unexpectedly made me emotional.

My baby no longer has anything "baby" left attached to him.

Is it just me?
Am I just emotionally eff-d up fragile right now?
The answer is yes.
I'm paralyzed with unbalance.......
the unbalance of wanting pieces of my kids to mature faster to make life easier on me....
and on the other end of the teeter-totter is the yearning of their innocence and everything smelling/feeling baby soft and untainted.

Motherhood is a royally psychotic endeavor!


(first experience with numb mouth....
making faces all the way home in the mirror :)

3 comments:

paula said...

Amen-motherhood is a psychotic endeavor. Did you keep the tooth?

Tracy said...

Say "AWE"! ;0

Jolie said...

yes....the dentist cleaned up the tooth and said that this molar was worthy of a tooth fairy visit. The dentist understands that a 12 year old hasn't believed in the tooth fairy for years, but a 12 year old DOES need $$$$!!!
Grandma tooth fairy pitched in, and that "last baby tooth" got him a whoppin' $20!!!