Monday, May 23, 2011

{mi casa crapo....su casa crapo}




We had a la grand yard sale on Saturday.
I pretty much sold 1/2 of my house.


I had the sale posted for 8 am, which in "yard sale-er" terms means 7 am.
I woke straight out of bed at 5:45 with anxiety that I wouldn't have all my shiz displayed by the time the pack o' wolves came to rape my goods!

I started by laying out blankets as a way of categorizing my merchandise.
I had a seasonal decor area, two interior design decor stations, a beauty corner, children's toys/games plot, and then miscellaneous stuffs scattered about.

I felt pretty good about my organization of it all.
(yes, I am in intense therapy for my control issues)




The bigger items were strategically placed on our big slab o'cement.
A kind of a "staging" effect if you will.
You gotta make people think that if this stuff looks rockin on grey cement, the possibilities are endless in their own home!!!


I started the day with this money bag hanging cross-ways around my body joined with a cup of coffee.
I didn't let either one off  of my own persons the entire time!!!
I think they were my security blanket.
Ya know, like one of those stress balls that you grip til your hands turn blue.
Yah, that's what they were!!! My stress reliever blue balls!


(Adrianne and her mom, Barb)

We had THE best customers!!!!!
Friends, neighbors and dozens of Mexican families came from all over to support our money pouch.



The sales staff was top notch!!!!!
Workers on duty:  Paula, Lisa, Aunt T, Jay D, My boys, Me and sometimes Randy.
Randy was a little hung from the night before, so he was half mast most of the day.



We came out with over $2100!!!!!!
We had sold most of everything.  We have a small load to take to the D.I., but nothing that I would have made another $20 bucks on anyway.
I was so shocked at how fast our stuff moved out of here!!!

Considering the known fact that I hate hosting yard sales,
this was a really fun day!!!!!!
Randy's buddy from work brought two sacks of authentic home made tamales that we laid out for everyone to enjoy.
It was the perfect combination of sunshine, great friends, loving family, yummy food, and lot's of money :)

Thanks y'all!
xoxoxooxo





4 comments:

Megan said...

I sent you an email.

I wish I could have gone to this garage sale Cuz I need me some more crap. Sounds like you made out too. Dang!!

And Randy was a little hung? ... Sorry. hehe... You can delete this if you wish ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh! Maddy is crushed that she didn't know about your sale! She LOVES yard sale hopping every Saturday! And she LOVES your sign!

-Em

Anonymous said...

Looks like your CRAP O RAMA sale was a big hit. How much did you get for the Rand.....

Lub
E

paula said...

That was a fun day! I'll take your hand me down crap any day. Why didn't I bring my table and chairs to sell? HELLO?! I am not running on all cylinders I tell ya.

Highlights:

-Tracy holding the money up against the sun to make sure it's not counterfeit.

-Free DONUTS!

-The lady who "bartered" with Jax for the car pictures. Remind me to tell you about her.....BEEYOTCH! And poor little Jax was like a deer in the headlights. She done pissed me right off!

I didn't realize until Saturday how serious some garage sale shoppers are....HOSTILE!