Monday, May 30, 2011


{new roots}


As you are reading this post,
we are driving with a convoy of all of my worldly goods to a new life.


As a family, we have made the decision to move to Arizona.


It's been an emotional struggle of a year.
Family members that bury their head to life changing issues, lack of respect and protection for innocent people and immoral conduct without consequence, has been the key sickness in it all.


I have cut ties with most of my biological Utah family.
This includes my dad and his chain of women and children.
And with the utmost anger and disappointment, I will leave Utah with a big 
FUCK YOU!


We are being welcomed with embrace and love from my Arizona family.  I also welcome the support and help that they are graciously giving us.


New adventure.
New way.
New roots.


To those of you who have been my Utah support network and given us much care and devotion......
I will leave Utah with a big 
LOVE YOU!


As a good friend told me,
"Proximity does not make or break true friendships"
I hold this quote in my mind to keep the tears from running.


I'm am going to miss you all 
so much.
Our "couples" dinners and date nights
Our sing-a-longs
Our girl lunches
Our concerts
Our Bendover trips
Our nights by the fire drinking too much wine and smoking too many ciggies
Our help with decorating each other's houses
Our fashion shows and dependence of each other's opinions on a new outfit
Our comfort of looking into each other's faces for a sincere show of compassion or joy
Our hugs....
the tangible touch.


But please remember my lovees:
There are never too many miles that can keep my heart away from you.


Before I get any more babble-y or emotional....
I will end this announcement.


Please stay with me and be patient with my lack of posting for a bit.
We will be settled in to our new home soon, and I will keep you in "the know" along the way.


Goodbye my friends and foes.....
Goodbye Utah
Se La Vi











8 comments:

paula said...

I've been sitting here staring at this comment box for 10 minutes trying to write something. I should be able write something really beautiful telling you how much you mean to me and how I'm going to miss you guys but.....words fail me now. I am mush. I'm in shock.

WOW. You're really gone. It feels so weird. I miss you already :(

I'm so proud of you for taking the leap. I hope the transition down there will be a smooth one for you guys. Get your guest room ready...I'm coming real soon. I love you friend.

P.S. have I mentioned how much I miss you?

T* said...

:(****

segura2salazar said...

Missing you already and so sorry that you had/needed to go! I hope that this turns out to be just what your family needs! I love you and will be thinking of you guys and all your new adventures! Love ya - A

lisa_sims said...

I can't believe you are gone:( I wish you all the best of luck in AZ. I will cherish all of our UT memories you mentioned and look forward to the new! I can't wait to visit your new home. Be well my friend!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of You, Randy and the boys. I know this move is a new chapter in your book of life.So there is just one thing to say, Welcome home Devries family, welcome home!!!

XOXO
E

paula said...

I think Elyse may watch as much reality T.V. as I do.

Chelise said...

Welcome home Devries!! We couldn't have asked for a better convoy trip! Absolutely NOTHING went awry or popped, even with all the weight! Wow! Thanks for the angel bubbles guys :) I want to thank my Momma for all her hard work and for drivin the only car without air the whole way here!

I salute the balls it took to make this move and am sooo thankful!!
Love you guys :)))

Unknown said...

We send love and happiness your way! Keep blogging so we can keep up on the haps and check out your boys as they grow!
Maddy says we are coming to visit soon...