Tuesday, May 24, 2011


{Well hello!  
I find you sexy...open wide}


I've been seeing my dentist for over 20 something years.
He's a great dentist!!!!
THE GREATEST!!!!!
We've been through a lot together....
~his midlife stage of the "man pony tail",
~my front veneer that decided to reject, and my gums turned black,
~his tango moves that he had to show me during his "dance lessons" phase,
~my bad breath that oozed from the depths of my gut due to a night of partying before an appointment,
(there's a reason why they wear the face guard!!!
it's sure as hell NOT for our protection!)
~his gentle manner to welcome my boys into the dentist chair, which by the way, they have never been afraid of the dentist because Dr. C. has made it comfortable and easy,
and lastly,
~his compassion and acknowledgment of my loved ones lost along the way.

So, I guess you could say that there's been a fun, respectful, long relationship between my pearly yellow/whites, my entire fam, and Dr. C.
But a little something different happened yesterday when I showed up for my 6 month check......
Something that left me a bit speechless...
and not because I had a plastic dental apparatus in my mouth!
Dr. C. didn't recognize me at first with my new red locks....I could tell because he was giving me that look like, 
"hmmmm....where do I know her from".
When he finally came and sat along side of my reclined chair, he said, 
"WOW!  You are a redhead!  You are meant to be a redhead!!!!  Look at your skin coloring and your eyes!  The first thing I thought was 'that is a beautiful woman, the kind that you don't want to mess with because she takes charge!'...
I find this hair color very sexy on you".
Yep, he said it, and then there was the weird uncomfortable silence that would have welcomed a loud fart just to break up the mute in the air.
I think he spewed his thoughts without control and we all had regret after.

But as the day went on, I kept thinking about his mouth purge, and I got a little smile.
:)
Because as I have said before, it doesn't matter if a compliment comes from the boobie dough roller* or your family plaque expert.......
I'M TAKING THE DAMN COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!

*I have a continuing story regarding the lefty boob, the vice grip, and the biscuit lady!!!
Working on it.....



3 comments:

paula said...

So funny! The stuff that happens to you is just too good to be made up....I'm anxious to hear what the gynecologist will have to say. I can only imagine.

Aunt T said...

LMAO, Jol! I love how you convey things--I could just see Dr. C's face when he first saw The Hot New Redhead
And he's right! I DOES suit U (As I told you the first minute I saw you in your Redness) U ROCK, even bald!
XOXO :)

Chelise said...

Paula...LOL! Jol and I have this convo often...."does this stuff really happen to other people, or just us?? " We have concluded that it does happen to everyone else, but we find the humor and share the story!