Wednesday, May 11, 2011

{my lovely lady lumps}


The day before mother's day,  three of my beautiful friends and I gave our tata's a look of appreciation and then covered them with a Susan B. Komen t-shirt.
We walked the streets of SLC along with 20,000 new friends.
The mood, the love, the aura, the survivor, the honored spirit, the support, and the grief, were just snippets of the emotion felt collectively.

I walked in honor of my Mother-in-law Carol who is a breast cancer survivor.



Paula walked in memory of her Mother-in law Jeannie.
I was so proud of her.
Sometimes I would get teared up seeing the sign on her back and the side profile of her face.
I am sad that Jeannie never had the opportunity to meet the mother of her grandchildren.
She would have been proud.








The thousands of people walking in memory of their loved ones broke me!
And I'm not even showing you the children that walked with their daddy's and had their momma's name in memory pinned to their back!!!
Little babes living without their moms, yet walking in honor for other children's mothers.
love makes the world go round.


Along the 3.1 miles, were teams of supporters.
This particular team was the "BOO BEE'S".


Pink was seen for miles and miles.
This was a spectacular sight to witness. 



The finish line was in the center of the Gateway Mall.
Volunteers passed out water and oranges.


1:22.20 was our time from start to finish.
There was no hurry.
The walk was very easy and leisurely.
We took it at a turtle's pace enjoying the scenery and catching up on each other's lives.

I'm proud of all of us for making this happen!
We just never know......
our efforts may someday help one of us.





Hey Ladies:
I love you and your lady lumps!
tata for now

WE ROCK!!!!

2 comments:

paula said...

It was a great day! I think we should make it a yearly tradition now. Thank you for two things: 1) your kind words
2) cropping my butt out of the pic

Most of all...thanks for your friendship. Love you!
ttfn

Boobs Briggs said...

Yes U Do! Love U and SO proud of U, Mertz!! Way to REPRESENT!!! :) <3
I will commit to not sit out on next year's event :)