Tuesday, December 7, 2010

{don't you just love it when I...}



Jax has been experimenting with his new voice.
Sometimes its deep, sometimes it sounds like a 5 year old girl and sometimes its crackling somewhere in between.
He likes to hear himself laugh.
He will over exaggerate a laugh that lasts for many seconds varying the depth and tone.

We were driving down the road and Jax burst out in a long laugh.
Nothing was funny that I could see...
he just needed to please himself with his own sound.

After a while, and I mean a looooong while of keeping my patience in tact, I turn to him and give a look like,
 "can you shut up already???"
Because when someone is laughing, just to laugh,
ALL THE TIME......
I find nothing particularly cute about that.
Quite irritating actually.

He looks back at me and says,
 "Mom, don't you just love to hear me laugh? 
Ya know, the way I can make it sound like this :
 hehehehooooooooheeeeewwaaahhheeeehooo.
Doesn't it make you so happy to hear me laugh?? 
 I know if I had a kid, I would want to hear him laugh like this."

I had to smile and remember how childlike he still is.
"Yes Jax.  I love to hear you laugh because then I know you are happy.
 Keep laughing :)"

nails on a chalkboard.....
but my kid is happy with laughter


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that kid.I love how his eyes shine and twinkle when he is laughing.It is better than theAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH I hate River scream.

E

Chelise said...

Yeppers :)