Monday, December 20, 2010

{Trapt and Abused}




Friday night, Paula and I bravely entered, "In The Venue" for our first time.
The occasion?
A rock concert!!!!
duh!



Abused Romance opened with some hard core head banging from a Slash guitarist look-a-like.
The lead singer was a bit dramatic with his facial expressions and hand movements, but I chalk it up to being a new-bee in the biz.
Still good though!


Trapt followed A.R. on stage and put on a great show!!!!
A lot of energy, sweat, seductive moves, and belting out awesome lyrics.
Well, truth be told....
I only really know two songs that they sing,
Echo and Headstrong.
But at these kind of concerts ($14....$18 with fees) and venues, you don't have to know squat about the bands or their songs!  It's all about the energy and connection to the beat and the audience.

Paula and I learned many lessons that night.....


Lesson #1~ The mosh pit is no place for humans without balls!
Testosterone is needed for the jumping, ramming, and body knocking in a small segregated opening.



Lesson #2~  There is an entire outer ring of  "pushers" that keep the ball-knocker-moshers on their feet and contained within the opening.
Lesson #3~  I found that being a "pusher" is exciting, blood pumping, and one of my callings!!!!
Lesson #4~  Keep myself between the mosh crowd and my little friend.
Paula is not seen amongst a crowd of anyone over 5'.
She's jussss a lil thing!
She must be protected!!!!!
More importantly, her boobies must be protected.
She just had her babe....
so you know what I'm saying.....
RIGHT!?!?!
(I hope that didn't embarrass you Paula)

We still managed to make it VERY close to the stage.



Lesson #5~  Just because a band is friendly and flirtatious on stage, DOES NOT mean they are obligated to be nice after the show!!!
I have already learned lesson #5 from previous rock concerts I've attended.
But I was reminded of lesson #5 when we were standing by the band's (Trapt) bus, and they came walking out right in front of us.
They wouldn't make eye contact, and when I said, "good show" to the lead singer, he was like, "yah thanks", and continued walking with his head down.
A total re-play of that douche-bag Mark McGrath (Sugar Ray).
Paula and I both swore that after the "stalker incident" (click here), with D.B Mark McGrath, that we would NOT waste our time on these washed up band losers!!!!
So what did we go and do??????



Posed in a picture with the jerkasses!!!!!
Lesson #6~ You can take the girl out of the group, but you can never take the groupee out of the girl!!!!


We were able to get a few things signed......
Paula's concert tix,
a $5 CD for River


A personalized shirt that my boy is in AWE about!!!!
(Makes me so thrilled to give these mementos to him)





And some "Sharpie" body marks to remember...
And then feel a little weird about the next morning..
hmmmm.....



Lesson #6~ Standing on the corner of 2nd South in downtown SLC, doesn't necessarily give you the reputation of being a "street walker".
It lets you in on a whole nuther world that comes out at 10:00 pm sharp!
Let's just say......
the Village People band would be a crowd fav!!!!!!
HEYYYAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a night to remember for many reasons.
~Feeling 17 again!
~Learning how to be a "mosh pusher"
~Revisiting the comfort of the energy, obsession, beauty and fun, with a good friend on her first night out of looking amazingly HOT!  And feeling like herself in her own body.
I love ya my Paula girl :)
True soul sistahs!

ROCK ON!!!!!!

Oh!!! one more thing...
Paula and I were talking about how stupid these bands are by not being friendly to us!!!
DON'T THEY KNOW WHO WE ARE??!!?
We are mommy bloggers damn it!!!
We are going to blog about their rudeness, and ruin their reputation around the world!!!!
Because I have a whoppin 11 followers, and Paula's blog is private!
They should all feel very threatened by us!!!
LOL!


5 comments:

Chelise said...

Don't want to sart this comment on a bad note...but I am SOOO jealous!! I'd have givin anything to be with you guys! I know every word of every song and LOVE them sooo much! $18 tickets too...Wow! I AM SO BUMMED!

Paula- I am so happy for you to have experienced such a Freakin Rockin good time and be reborn again into the world of Rock, that you love!! Glad to have ya back :) Heard the beers went down real good! I am proud of ya gurl!

Anonymous said...

Glad you two had a great time and came home with sharpie marks instead of black and blue bruises.
Ah, to be young again....

E

Too Old to Groupie said...

Yeah, the rejection and realization that you are not, and probably never will be, 21 again is a real slap-down!!! :(((
These lessons I had to learn, and learn again, started in the mid-nineties when the likes of Chris Isaak, (whom I WORSHIPPED!!!), Eddie Vedder, hell, even Eddie Van Halen hardly gave me a second look even if I was in the front row, Rockstar Big-Haired, bustiered-out, waving a sign that said, "I can drive a bus!". Big Bummer for me!:(
Ever since, I resent taking a back seat to the Up-and-Comers. Anymore, going to concerts just to hear the music is like buying a Playboy "just for the articles", if ya know what I'm sayin. ANYWHO---Glad you two Hotties got another crack at it! U GO GIRLZ!!! U 2 still R O C K

paula said...

Oh-I want to do it again. We had a BLAST! I still haven't found the time to blog about it so I'm just going to post the pictures and link up to your post.....you nailed everything spot on. Wish I would have got a picture of your happy face while you being a "pusher". Seriously folks....Jolie was loving it. She had a look of pure joy and I had a look of pure terror. I guess an extra 7 inches in height allows that. So wonderful to be out and about with you again. Love you girl. Thanks for a great rockin time.

BTW-you were there in spirit Chelise.

paula said...

P.S. The boob comment doesn't embarrass me. It's the truth.