Monday, December 13, 2010

{You've been such a good boy, 
you get torture for Christmas}

By now, most of you have received my Christmas card.
Let me explain my thoughts leading up to the card mail out.
I was damn tired of our traditional sit down family photo shoot.
I really wanted to have fun with the "Ugly Christmas Sweater" theme.
I started by shopping at 3-Deseret Industries, and 2-Savers stores.
THERE WAS NOTHING!!!!!
I'm not kidding people!!!
Apparently, the influx of Ugly Sweater parties has up'd the sales at the thrift stores and sold out of any U.C.S. inventory.
I got online where you can find anything you are in need for.
Oh...I found some U.C.S's alright!!!!
FOR $50/EACH!!!
So I ended up making a stop of my friendly neighborhood KMart, and found my U.C.S.,
 (you can always count on Kmart for the old lady sweater!) 
from there I went to Michaels craft store and purchased all the supplies to make Randy and the boys' sweaters.
I was pretty proud of how ugly they turned out.
This excited my anticipation of the U.C.S. family photo!
Not one other person in this family was as excited.
(Ok, maybe Randy was a little.  But he won't admit it!)
I tortured my menz.
They shuddered at the look of themselves in the U.C.S. and was embarrassed that I was going to forever document this in a public Christmas Card.

My guys, just going along with with my crazy plan, letting me torture them and smiling along the way...
Is the best Christmas gift a gal could ask for :)

Here are some of the pics that you didn't see in our U.C.S card.
Enjoy















BTW:  I didn't realize that River was in his boxer shorts and Randy's fly was down until after I had the cards printed up.
As if I hadn't humiliated them enough!?!?!?!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

12/13/2010

Loverly! Loverly!

So! Where's my Maxine sweater?

GGMA B

paula said...

Ok-you failed to mention that you weren't going to mail them out. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT FOLKS!? SHE WASN'T GOING TO SEND THEM. SHE THOUGHT THEY WERE LAME. I made her show me the card and threatened her with her life if she didn't sent the card out. It is seriously the funniest card I've seen yet. The boxer thing and zipper down makes it even funnier. As I said before....this is a big middle finger to all the cutesy Christmas cards of "we are a happy family" that we get every year. (like the ones I had you take of my family...hahaha) I love them!

lisa_sims said...

We loved your card!!!! Better hang on to those ugly(I think they turned out damn cute) sweaters. They will be worth money next year if you need some quick cash! Or you might be invited to one of those parties....we should have one!

The boxers and open fly add to the beauty!

susie said...

I thought the boxers and the zipper down were just a part of the picture. We laughed so hard when we got this. WE love it and love you guys!

Anonymous said...

The out takes were as good as the actual card. Where is Miss Kitty's sweater?

E

Aunt T said...

Thank You, Paula, for convincing Sally-Sweater that her efforts were much appreciated! Funniest X-MAS card EVER!!!
P.S: Last year's Snuggies would be a great follow-up! LOL :)

Megan said...

I am with everyone else. This is the funniest card we have ever gotten. We laughed and laughed. Even my kids loved it. I didn't even realize the boxers and open door! OMG. And I am laughing now. I honestly thought Riv was in a pair of plaid shorts. LOVE IT! and I am so glad that you sent them. So glad.

Unknown said...

I thought they were great. My kids would much rather do a fun shoot like this, then the "we are a happy family" photos that I always make them take!
Em

Chelise said...

Peeps were on the horn, down here in the trailerhood, telling everyone to get to thier mailboxes STAT, to look at the Xmas cards you sent! Thanks Paula for making her send those out! Freakin Hilarious!! I put it right on the fridge so I laugh, every time I open, that door...which is A LOT, cause I love food!

Love the Old Navy outtake...You need to send out a second, follow-up card!