Thursday, December 16, 2010

{What has become of Gingy???}


The 2010 Winter Wonderland Gingerbread house contest was held at the Kearns Olympic Oval.
I love seeing the flags still in place from the 2002 Winter Games.
Seriously!!!! 
 WE HAD THE OLYMPICS HERE!!!!
I remember how awesome it was to attend events and meet people from around the world.
It is almost surreal.

Okay...back to the story at hand.


I had no idea that the home-schoolers association was going to treat us to an hour of free skating and Little Caesars pizza.
Jax and I met a mother and son that seemed to be the most "normal" of all any I've come in contact with at these get togethers.
Jax and his new friend daringly tested out the ice.
They had fun, and came home with a few bumps and bruises.

YES, I got on the ice.
NO, I didn't really want to.

REMEMBER:
I didn't know ahead of time that we were ice skating.
I wasn't mentally prepared....
but more-so, I was not bodily prepared.

Hey!!!  I'm the klutz that has NO athletic ability.
~Two left feet
~No balance
~Not enough leg muscles
~Weak ankles
~Bruise easily
~I am my friend plank...stiff as a board
~Big fat whiner
~Boob about any ache or pain
~Paranoid of breaking anything in my body
~Was not equipped with wrist, knee, shoulder, neck, toe, cranium or nose brace.
But put on my blades of glory in spite of all my fears.

I surprised myself.
I didn't fall once, that's if you don't count me body slamming into the blue bumpers around the track, and I left with nothing broken but my reputation of me having a smidge of coolness ;)

After returning our skates and eating a healthy lunch of greasy meat, cheese on dough and sugar juice,
the awards ceremony for the gingerbread house competition BEGAN!!!!!
Oh!  We were so nervous and excited yet not extremely optimistic.


This is the kind of architecture Jax's lil dream house was up against!!!


The winners were a whole shlew of Polygamist children.
I now know, that if you are inbred, cross eyed, gangly armed, and stink......
you probably have mad gingerbread house making skills!!!!
The Poligs stole the show!!!
Good for them!
They really did an awesome job and deserved the recognition.
You should have seen the joy in their poor jacked-up smiles!
I was happy for them :)
And a little creeped out all at the same time.

Jax and the other lahooooozers were given a bookmark and certificate.
yah.....I know,  
a sarcastic WHOOPEE!

All and all, we had a great time.
More importantly, Jax met a great new friend.

But what does this news of losing mean for Gingy??!?!?!??


Gingy was warned.
He didn't heed the warning, and now he must pay for his mistakes!


Gingy!!! 
 What do the Poligs give you for staging their win????
Come on!!!!!
Tell us Gingy!!!
TELL US!


OH!! 
So you're gonna act like you have no mouth now huh??
Well then!!!!


Off with your HEAD!!!!! 


SNAP! off your legs!!!!
and
Yankity Yank Yank of the gumdrop buttons!!!!




Maybe next time when we tell Gingy to sweeten things up,
he will know that we mean business.
Start stocking up on sugar cane now Gingy!!!!!
You have exactly one year.....
OR ELSE your whole family will be crushed into a Christmas dessert and smothered in whipped topping!

gurrrrrrr!!!!!!!

((is it just me, or does my kids testosterone big nose, bout of acne, and mexi-mustache make him look so much older than 10???
hmmmm...maybe it's just me being freaky))



4 comments:

paula said...

OK-I was thinking Jax's gingerbread house was awesome. Then I saw these palaces that the plyg's made. Holy crap. Next year tell Jax he should make a single wide trailer....that's how everyone's houses look in comparison to the other houses. Those plyg's really know how to build a house....figures-they get put to work at a young age doing just that! No really-Jax's house was THE BOMB!

Aunt T said...

Yeh, Jax's Gingy-House looked and smelled like a REAL 10-year old made it: Perfect including the few imperfections! Those Plyg-kids' castles reek of Pro-Bowl Gingy House Bakers! so much for HONESTY, huh???
Anyway, next year Jax should create a Gingy-Compound!!! That'll Take-The-Cake, fo sho! ;) EXCELLENT job, Jax! I especially liked the Desecration-of-Gingy pics! U ROCK!

Chelise said...

I told that Gingy...I warned him!! OMG! Me and the kiddos were sooo lol! Those Plyg kids were amazing, but hey, it was like 42 to 1!

Anonymous said...

Talk about Gingy houses on steroids!! Oh come on...they sent away to Germany for those premade Gingy houses. They reeked of handmade in Germany by German Schmidt Bakery elves. We all know that Jax was the true winner, nobody likes a stingy Gingy cheater!!

Aunt E