Wednesday, December 8, 2010


{Pin my chest with pride}

 
Last night Riv had a Court of Honor meeting with Scouts.
I knew that he would be receiving some badges, but I didn't know  what part I played in to him being presented with the advanced levels of merit.
His Scout Master called River to the front of the room and told the audience some great things about River as he handed him his patches and two pins.

He then asked me to come along side River so that he could place the pins on my jacket.
I think this is to show respect, and acknowledge the mother's role in encouraging her boy in the process of becoming a man.
(I'm going to investigate the meaning further....if anyone knows, (Emily), can you explain it to me?)




Holding back my tearful emotion, I was so proud to be standing front and tall with my young man.

Just when you think you couldn't possibly love someone anymore than you already do......
you are hit with the arrow that explodes your heart and makes room for more levels.

He is my sunshine
My cupid River :)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That River will always make his momma proud. A son holds such a special place in a mother's heart,no matter what age he is.

Love
E

susie said...

Oh, this is so Sweet! I always cry at my girl's dance recital!

By the way....I LOVE the card this year! HILARIOUS :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jolie,

I believe you are correct about why they pin the award on the mother. Infact, the Eagle Scout Award actually comes with a pin FOR the mother. We all know that even though our boys love to scout, someone has to actually DRIVE them there, right?! LOL!

lisa_sims said...

I am so proud of River and his mama for their great accomplishments! Keep up the good work kids! Jolie-is is ok to cry tears of joy! These are the moments we know we are doing right be these kiddos!

Love ya both!

Jay D said...

Congrats riv...soon I will be in the eagles nest with you.....hopefully....love U guys

Chelise said...

AWWE! River!