Thursday, August 5, 2010


{Kids department is so last year!}


Today was the first of two or three trips to the store for River's school clothes.
We started in the Young Men's Department.
I like this department because you can still generally find good stuff at a decent price.
We soon found out that this department is riding a thin line for Riv's fashion and size.
We thought we'd give the Men's Department a look over.
Well, well, well....what did we find????
Some kick-ass jeans (way cooler than the ones in the young men's), and some great belts and shirts.
Then moving on to the men's boats shoes, we found some new Tony Hawks size 8.5 for River and some Van's size 10.5 for Jax.

DID YOU HEAR ME???????!!??

Jax is in a men's size 10 and a freakin-whoppin half!!!!!
I'm telling you.....James Cameron modeled the Avatar people's feet after Jax's.
Right down to the big honkin' toe!

Excuse me one moment please.........

uhhhhhhhhhghhhhhgghhghhhckghhhhfltghcktghtuh
(that's me choking on the money I have to hawk-a-loogie up!!!)

What I'm saying and gagging about is:
the days of walking out of the store with a sack of back to school clothes for $100 is sooooooooooo over!

AND....
AND.......
For the first time, River has a very strong opinion of what he wants to be seen in.  The dude definitely has his own sense of style...which includes rock n roll monkeys, Chuck Norris, video gamers or guitars, microphones and amps on the front of his shirts. 
The pants absolutely HAVE to have some kind of rockin' pocket design.
And the belts must be cloth with a specific type of buckle.

I just love school shopping for my boys.
I haven't narrowed down the true intention of the thrill, but I'm thinking that it may partly be reliving memories of my own.....Although a lot of my back to school shopping happened at K-Mart and D.I.
I AM HERE TO SAY, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either of these stores, but I'm pumped to know that I can give my boys certain styles that they feel good in.....even if I have to give up my Starbucks for a year!!!!
Especially this year.....
Riv's first year in Jr. High needs to make a statement of who he is.
And we all know that clothing is the biggest  way to do that!!!
And, there is nothing like seeing your chillins happy, and clean, and sporting new duds!!!!

Like I told Riv....
If he is happy, then I am whole.

:)

3 comments:

paula said...

I think it's nice you're so in tune with the fact that even though it's shallow, it's important how kids look. It's OK if Riv fits in with the clothes....he stands out with his genuine personality and kindness. Jax-wholly crap! Stop growing....hopefully one day he will grow into his feet. I'm pretty sure he got that big toe thing from Chelise :)

Anonymous said...

08/07/2010

Jolie Janin:

We gotta get you a literary agent, Jolie.
I swear your blog reportage proves your creative spontaneity hot enough to rocket you into big time media .
Aint'cha glad you are my granddaughter? You got over the top verbal artist genes even farther back than me, at least 4 gens.
You appear to have a better sense than I of editing and design as you go--an invaluable talent/ability.

GGB

Tracy said...

ROCK ON, DUDES!!! :)>