Wednesday, August 25, 2010

{WAHOOO!  this is fun!}




Randy about pee'd his pants when he found this bute on his friend's car lot.
It was exactly like the one his dad had 30 years ago.
The sentimental nostalgia made him whip out the cash right then and there!

The '72 Dodge Power Wagon has a white removeable hard top......
but Randy thoroughly enjoys going topless in the warm weather.
Makes him feel........a bit Rrrrrrandy i suppose :0


Randy says this is the best kind of truck to teach the boys the basics......oil changes, brakes, carb stuff, radiator stuff, rust stuff.......I don't know, just all kinds of man stuff!
River has staked his claim on the big-ol'-green-machine Power Wagon as his own.  He says that he will pay his dad for it and thanks his dad every time they make an improvement on it.
"Thanks for doing that for me and the truck dad!  I really appreciate it!"  River will say.
Randy says that River is welcome and moves on.

Everything is cool.....

until a while later when Randy remembers that it's his own truck, and he should be thanking himself! 
Kids have a way of doing the bait and switch on ya without you even realizing they've moved in on your possessions!

And of course,  Miss Kitty and I love the honky, trailer-hood feel that we get as the wind blows our hair a stray.

"Keep on truckin" I want to yell with my arms flailing and some kind of Hank Williams tunes in the back ground.
Something about this big tank and the smell of 38 year old green naugahyde, that makes a person feel free, irresponsible in a beer-bonfire-canyon sort of way, and yes.......
a bit RRRRRRandy :)

Take a guess what his license plates say......



3 comments:

Chelise said...

RRRaaannddyy looks right at home in the "Man Machine"....I thought I told you never to go topless because a dude has a cool truck! Kidz these dayz, I swear.......

Anonymous said...

OMG Randy never fails to surprise me..next thing I know he will buy a house in Magna and lose a tooth

E

paula said...

Hey E-watch it with the Magna comments.