Saturday, August 21, 2010


{my best friend hates me}

This is Miss Kitty after a run in the neighborhood.
She let me know her first bitch about it  when she came to a dead stop....in front of me....in the middle of the road.....
to take a pooh.
Yah, very lady like Miss Kitty!!!!

We would run....she would let me know when her poor little hind area was hurting, and we would slow to a walk.  After a short cool down, she would start picking up pace into a run again.
The old gal still has it in her.....

But by the time we got home, she gave me this look with her ears tucked back, tail down to the floor and panting fast and hard.

I knew that look.....I've seen it before.
She hates me.
She was ready to collapse and it was all my fault!!!

I was guilty of animal AND elderly cruelty!!!!
OH THE HORROR!!!!!

After a long drink, and a flop on the floor by the air conditioning, and a nappie...
she came nudging her nose to my hand
and we made up.

Awe.......My B.F.F  Miss kitty

OK!! OK!! I know this is a stupid post....and I know I sound stupid talking about my dog...she's just a dog to you all...but seriously to me, she is my B.F.F and
 I've been so scared of losing her lately. 
She was whimpering in her sleep last night like she was in pain :( 
I'm a big boob!

2 comments:

Chelise said...

Oh gurl! I know that guilt. The guilt of running your elderly pet into the ground....almost literally. We have to face the fact the Sam and Miss Kitty just can't keep up anymore and we need to hang up their leashes.

This sucks, huh?

paula said...

This is why I don't get pets....

1) I'd have to walk and exercise with them.

AND

2) I'd get too attached and have to deal with their aging and ailments.

I think it's a good sign you love her so much....people shouldn't have pets if they are not going to love them.