Thursday, August 26, 2010


{Starving and Exhausted}


Yesterday was the big day.
I don't know if it was bigger for River or for his mommy :)


The first day of 7th grade was kind of a practice day for the newbies.  They started at 7:30 and were out at noon.  In the parking lot, I waited for Riv and the gals I carpool. 
 I was so excited to find out EVERYTHING!!!!
They came dragging their feet to the car, flopped in their seats and had droopy eyelids with a dazed look on their faces.

"OMG!!!!  HOW WAS IT??  HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY OF JR. HIGH????!!??  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  ARE YOU FREAKING OUT?  CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE YOU ARE A 7TH GRADER???  TELL ME!!! TELL ME NOOOOOWWWW!!"
I ask in the most annoying high pitched, over anxious, crazy mom voice.

River looks at me and says....."It was great mom.....I need a nap."
Mikayla says......"It was way cool but I am starving to death and I need to lay down."
Jaime says......"It was crazy.  I'm gonna have to get used to getting up early"....then a yawn.

Oh....poor babes.


Once River had his belly full and energy started filtering through his veins, he gave me the daily "run-down". 
He had a totally awesome day!
yay!yay!yay!yay!
He was given a daily planner from the school.  As he is reading through it, he gets a huge smile on his face...."MOM this has a periodic table in it!!!  OMG!  all of the elements are listed.
wah- wah wah wah -wah wah
blah, blah, wah, blah, wah
Is all I really heard because he lost me at periodic table.

What kind of kid wears a shirt on the first day of school that says,

WHAT PART OF AN INVERT TANGENT APPROACHING AN ASYMPTOTE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
(from the Big Bang theory)

AND, what kind of kid gets ecstatic about a table of elements????

Well actually,
(what River is famous for saying)
Probably only my kid!

No! You can't have him!
He's my smart geek-nerd :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Beginnings for Jax

Most of you know that I have decided to home school Jax this year.
We are feeling positive and excited about our learning experiences together.
We started yesterday @ 8 am.
It was a good 1st day :)

Jax is doing online schooling along with textbooks and written papers.
This is his school desk.
I'd say he's got a pretty good set-up!


I only make him call  me Mrs. D. while we are in school.....
after that it's back to mom :)



(((I'm posting this and teaching at the same time.....
see what a great multi tasker I am!!! 
I have to do something while the kid is practicing his cursive.
I'm looking for a substitute when we get to the subject "you and your body" for health class.
Any volunteers????)))



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the teachers i had in Jr. High used to go smoke and drink while we did our written work, maybe you can go find a hidden room to relax in while Jax does his written work.

E

Chelise said...

I love, love, love, Jax's skool room set-up! You did a fine job Mrs. D! I am super excited for this year for my Jaxy...I really feel he will blossom under the non-stress, anxiety free, annoying other kids, freedom, he will have under your teachings. Also, I can't wait to hear what you have learned from him! Cheers to new beginnings! ( Is this being graded??)

I also am loving that you can blog whilst teaching (hehe)! You've been busy this summer, I know, but it's good to have you back!

Chelise said...

No volunteering from me, love, this year! My kiddos are still little and I want to bask in that a while longer, before I am forced to start "talkin" with them about their bodies! I suck at that you know...Even thinkin bout it makes me go aggghhhhhh!