Sunday, August 1, 2010

{morning coffee}


One of my FAV breakfast spots is Johanna's Kitchen in Sandy.
They have strong coffee, HUGE biscuits-n-gravy, and the state's BEST scones.
No chain menu here!!!!
Yes, Johanna's is a real grease toxifying, heart stopping, weight gaining treat!!

Along with the food that tastes from my grandma's kitchen, I enjoy the scenery.
Old farmers without fields still gather here at the front coffee bar.  Each group of friends showing up and leaving on the hour.
This daily event makes me feel like I'm back in my small town(s) of Lehi and in Idaho.
I love watching their comradery, their manhood, their mourning of friends gone by with a picture on the cork-board wall.


As much as I buck against EVER living in a small town again,
I yearn for these intimate pieces that I am comforted in being near.
I still have a little bit of hick in me......
shhhhhhh....don't tell anyone!



4 comments:

paula said...

I can so relate to this....shhhh-that's a secret too.

Chelise said...

You know you are honkey~~~gurl! I caught you feedin my horses last time you were down!

Tracy said...

Ssshhhit Howdee!!! :D

lisa_sims said...

I love this too! That is why I was loving and am missing our little "book club". Have to get back to it come school time. Maybe not such a small town thing....just human.