Sunday, September 27, 2009

{Did you know my aunt walks on water?}



I thought she was BEA-U-TI-FUL!!!!
I wanted to be like her.



She was a UCLA graduate. Smart and successful.
I wanted to be like her.

Always trendsetting (yes acid-wash jeans and bi-level haircut was kick ass at one time)
I wanted to be like her.



She looked like a movie star bride.....
I wanted to be like her.



Today is her birthday, and also a monumental acknowledgment of her new life.
She receives her 6 month sobriety chip.
She is a survivor.
She is loving.
She is courageous.
She is kind.
She is soft.
She is my aunt.
The aunt that I still look at with little girl eyes.
The aunt that chooses to be a positive roll model in my family's life.
I want to be like her.

Happy Birthday Aunt Tracy!!
I am so proud of you!
Lub, lub, lub uuuuu!!!
your Mertz :)
(in my childhood, my aunts truly did walk on water in my mind.....their impact on me was something I don't think they can ever grasp...)

3 comments:

Amie said...

I totally understand how much you love your Aunt Tracy. When you talk to me about her you always light up! Even during her darkest years you loved her unconditionally! She is an amazing, strong and determined woman! I am so proud of her and how far she has come! I am especially glad that she has you for support! WAY TO GO TRACY!!!

paula said...

Oh-Tracy's going to love this. This is a sweet tribute to her. Congratulations to her on her 6 month sobriety! Happy Birthday Tracy. You're a red velevet dream!

Tracy said...

Yes--I DO love the fact that my Dear Mertz loves me enough to express such kind and loving things. You and your family are awesome gifts in my life and inspire me to be the best that I can be, one day at a time. As for the six-month chip I picked up today...this one's for you Janin :)