Sunday, September 13, 2009

{What a day......}
We were at the park for registrations at 9:30 am.
The ride started at 10 and made stops in Heber, Midway and came back through Provo canyon.
Randy said it was a beautiful route and that the Heber Home Depot and Mayor of Midway were very kind with words and donations.
This was the first year for the Memory Walk.  I lead the walk with Miss Kitty by my side.  Ok...I was the ONLY walker, but I plan to organize, and promote next years walk.  I invite anyone who would like to join me!!!
I am proud of the support within our community.
Donations were made by:
High Point Coffee
Midvale Mining Co.
Costco
Crystal Inn
Midvale & Murray Police Dept.
Home Depot
Sinclair Gas
Bateman Gas
Barcode Labeling Systems
And many, many more that I am regrettably forgetting.
Please show your support back to these companies.
The Midvale Police Dept. volunteered personal time to help with security and lead the route for the riders.
The men also gave up all of the money that they had saved from dept. paid personal time,  and made the donation for the 2009 shirts to be printed.
HUGE sacrifice!!
Dad, Adam, Riv and Jax all jumped right in, and made sure that everyone was served their hamburgers and hot dogs with a smile :)  Jax took his "pickle/condiment" job very seriously.
Those boys worked the ENTIRE day!
I couldn't be more proud of them.
They showed love and respect to an uncle that they have never met.
I have good boys!
I was very touched when Matt-daddy, from our favorite club came with a posse for the ride.
I can't tell you how healing it is to have the support and time of others.
Another great support was Gary (on the orange bike), Falita and her family.
For those of you that don't know or remember, Falita was Damon's girlfriend.
And Gary is Falita's husband.....which makes this story even more amazing.
My brother's girlfriend's husband is riding for his wife's boyfriend's family's cause.
Did you get that????
The boys also helped in the raffle give-a-ways.
They would choose a prize, bring it in front, and present it to the winners.
We must have had the lucky tickets, becuase our numbers were being called so much, that the D.J. started saying, "Oh! It's the girl in the front again!"
I'd do a little dance, make some funky look on my face, and collect my prize....
Seriously!!!  We made out good!
At around 3pm we did the balloon ceremony.
The balloons represented ALL our loved ones that have passed.
Everyone took a reverent moment.....
As my tear filled eyes scanned the crowd,
I saw love, pain, heartache, yearning, and teared faces from my peers.
The energy was strong.
So strong, that I truly felt that Damon, my aunt Janin, my Grandparents, and friends that have passed, 
knew that my love in a balloon was coming their way.
It was a beautiful kaleidoscope of emotion, being let free to fly to the heavens.
My brother would have been in awe of the love and support that was backing him that day.
Yep....I had to sign off with Randy's tradmark pose.
It just wouldn't be the same without it!

3 comments:

Chelise said...

You makin me cry man! Damon,I'm sure, feels the love....Although you were the only "walker", you were outfitted for success! I applaud you takin on the advertising for next year! You'll do an amazing job!

I'm still smiling over Randy's genetic eye defect! Only Randy!

We gotta get my Dad up there for next years ride...he'd love it!

Good job to my boyz for thier hard work at the snack shack! Between this post and the last, I am starving!

paula said...

What a great cause. Next year we will for sure be there....and we have a year to work on Adrianne and her Mom.

Unknown said...

What a great cause. You do good work. Just wish you had posted the pic of you and Rand in a different spot. Just cant pick on him in a post like this. Yeah, I have a reverent side.