Friday, September 4, 2009

{It's genetic}
If you ever wondered where I got my addiction for BIG ASS EARRINGS,
Well, I'm pretty sure it came from her bloodline!
Grandma loves rockin' gypsy lobe stretchers too!
And......she is only weeks away from 79 years old!
I want to be fashionably cool when I'm her age.....
And if genetics continue to play their part, I will be.
We can see ourselves in each other.
One at 38 having a vision of herself forty years from now,
One at 78 having memories of herself forty years earlier.
Age didn't matter today.......
We laughed at great memories.....
And shed tears for loved ones that were generations before, between and after us.
I went bearing $10 gifts
I left receiving priceless memories.

1 comment:

susie said...

Oh, I miss those times with my Grandma...I'm so glad you get to do that, don't you just love hearing their stories? I always loved to hear my grandma tell us about stuff back in "the day!"

By the way looking forward to the PARTY in a few weeks!!! Woo-Hoo