Monday, September 28, 2009


{I took my kids to hell and back}



Every morning we (Riv, Jax and Myself) listen to a morning show called "Radio from Hell" on X96.
It is witty, entertaining, hilarious, and out of the norm.
A week ago, the show announced that it was doing a live broadcast near our home at the waffle house Monday morning.
Riv came begging for me to take him to see the show, and meet Kerry, Bill and Gina.
Well of course this was a proud moment for me!
My son loves music and witty banter as much as I do! Awe!!!!
So I say, "OHHHH Yah we are going!  And I don't even care if you are late for school!"



We walked into the restaurant, and the boys froze.
They were looking at people that they have only heard.
It was very educational for them to watch how the show is run,
understand the 3 second delay, see the expressions on the DJ's faces as they talked, and get an eyeful of the equipment.
I ordered each of them breakfast, but they were too excited to eat!!!!
We stayed for an hour, and at their next break, we introduced ourselves and expressed our love for their show.
I asked if I could get a picture so that I could use it as an excuse slip for school :)
Bill and Gina were so kind and obliged.
The boys were still freaking out when I picked them up after school!!!
I asked them both what the other kids at school said about it.....
And I guess my boys are the only ones allowed to listen to this morning show out of all their friends...........
hmmmm what does that say about me as a parent???

3 comments:

Tracy said...

It screams that you are a ROCKIN Mom!

Anonymous said...

09/29/2009

A+ for you,Mom.

You rate right up there with Stephen Spielberg's and John Travolta's legendary Moms.

These Moms, early on, were right there in the trenches, supporting and encouraging their brilliant kids' ideas and dreams.

Jolie said...

Thanks anonymous!!!! That is an awesome way to look at it! The impact of the experiences we give our children can be grand!

You made my day :)