Friday, November 19, 2010


{Hey Mom!
Cover up and put a bag on your head when you leave this house!}

This is me.
This is me in Arizona sitting on a half wall on the corner of where two fairly busy streets meet.
I was on this corner so that my Aunt Elise would easily see me as she was coming to give me a ride to her house from Carol's apartment complex.
River was stumbling out mumbled words that I couldn't understand.
He was nervous to tell me something.
I said, "just spit it out boy!"
He said........

 NO...wait!  Are you ready for this?

He said, "Mom, I don't want to hurt your feelings.....BUT you kind of look like a hooker waiting for a guy to pick you up.
I say, " What are you talking about????  I'm sitting here with you two dough heads!  What kind of hooker would take their burly sons with them to a corner looking for work?!?"
He responded, "I know, it's just that your sleeve is off of one shoulder showing your bra strap*, you have make-up on, and your hair looks pretty."

Thank the good hooker lord that I see Auntie E come zooming by in her lil KIApet because I was left speechless after Riv gave me his sermon.
Maybe it didn't help the hooker looker situation b'ins I was standing by the "Speed Hump" sign. wink, wink.

*totally the 80's off the shoulder look in style right now! 
 I was just trying to be an old lady in style and I get called a hooker?!?!?!?!?
By my own son?!?!?!?
Both boys are at an age that everything is embarrassing.....
especially their mom.
Their eyes are aware of the way men look at women.
They don't like men looking at their momma!
They would love me to be in turtle necks, no makeup, bun head, and ankle floor skirts.
Yes people....they want me to look like a Pilgrim.
I guess it would make Thanksgiving kinda fun to have a Pilgrim mom?

4 comments:

Chelise said...

I am Back!! Gave my computer a check up in places no one sees and presto!!! Yay! So, I have to say that I am speechless! If doin your hair and make-up, sittin on a corner, with a shirt that hangs off the shoulder, makes a gal a hooker, well....i don't know what to say???

Out of the mouth of babes, i guess??

Anonymous said...

11/19/2010

In my opinion, your boys' critiques are so worth it because out of that comes my opp to see this photo of you.
JOLIE JANINER:I LOVE THIS PHOTO!
GGMA B

Anonymous said...

11/19/2010
Me Again: I just got a mental preview glimpse of the future:
River and Jax holding their Mom up as the standard for the future women in their lives. I look forward to that--hope I'm here for ten more years so I can witness the dramas.
GGMA B

Anonymous said...

Wait till they bring home a girl for you to meet. You can tell them she looks like a "hooker" and they are not to see her again!!


E