Tuesday, November 2, 2010


{Dude! Check out my wheels}


 

Riv was finally thrust into buying himself a longboard.
Jax was always so good to let Riv use his, but Riv was using it EVERYDAY!

It was time....

he needed his own wheels.

We took them to a huge empty parking lot that had a variety of
"whoopties, downies, acrossies and all aroundies"
They started by holding hands so that I could get a pic of them side by side :)
They are just so damn cute!!!
This picture reminds me, that only together, can they let down the guards of growing up and being cool.
They are the only people to know what it is like to be a sibling to the other.....
for this, they will always be child-like together.
Awe.....Makes me happy!



Bridges at Daybreak

I can't watch them most of the time....
they get going so fast and whip around corners.
I'm thankful for the skull caps, but stitches and broken bones seem inevitable.
The thoughts of actually seeing them get hurt freaks me out.
I've always got my "nothing bad is gonna happen today" attitude, and it gets me out of my worry.
I am amazed by both of their skill, balance, and athletic ability.
Have you ever rode a board???
Trust me, NOT as easy as it looks!

No....really......TRUST ME!

Let's just say that the Chiropractor is needed after my body contorted into a pretzel while trying to ride and hitting a rock and flying forward and aiming for grass instead of pavement and worried that the board was going to hit a car.

Maybe it's just me!
Remember the
bike vs. my leg~
add
 the concrete~
equals
bruising, lumps, blood and no skin?!?!?

Obviously I'm a person that should stay flat footed on the ground.
The wheel wasn't invented for me!









6 comments:

paula said...

Um...after looking at the picture of them posing with their long boards the caption shouldn't be "Dude-look at my wheels." LMAO about that picture. I'm glad you've finally realized that you need to stay off anything of theirs with wheels...didn't the bruises from the last incident just start to fade? I love the pic of them holding hands. ;)

Jolie said...

lol!!! I know!!!
i wanted to say something regarding "Dude! look at my wood" but it just seemed a little inappropriate....
ya know, like it's NOT inappropriate for me to put it in my comment box!

Anonymous said...

11/02/2010

I love these photos of Riv & Jax having fun. Thanks.
I always get a "worry feeling," too--regarding injuries.

You inherited the blind spot about wheels and coordination things from me. It took me so long--so many bumps and bruises to learn to ride a bike. I NEVER accomplished any commendable expertise and skill on a bike. I remember my Dad working so hard to help me. He gave me a big push and I lost any semblance of control, sped under a hay wagon, got knocked off and dragged--face banged up. I was still having disasters as a grownup when I attempted to ride a bicycle.
Riding rearing horses? That was something else--I felt good with that.
I gotta see movie SECRETERIAT. Great reviews by horse lovers.

There's also a big race in New York -- this weekend, I think-- featuring what is believed to be a 7 year old mare who is believed to be even more of a champ than SECRETARIAT.
ZANATARIA is her name or something like that.
Are you reading this, Chelise?
GGMA B

Chelise said...

I am Grammy! I will keep my eyes peeled for any coverage of that race this weekend. I can't wait to see Secretariat either! I have heard from all that have seen it that it rocks!


That may be the last picture...ever...of them holding hands, so I am glad you took the shot!! Memories!

Jolie said...

Grandma!!! You crack me up!!
And yes...I did get my fall over my own shadow syndrome from you apparently!
Chelise definitely got the talent of staying on a horse from you too.

Chelise gets the good genes, I get the bads.....we've always known you were her favorite Chelise!
hehehehe

Chelise said...

Just remember, you got the SMARTS!! LOL!