Tuesday, November 2, 2010

{Fall Trends of 2010 vol.1}



The fall trend of 2010 is looking like Lindsay Lohan???
Ya know, cheap, rode hard and very unmanicured.

This is a picture of nails that a lady paid to have painted in this way.....
FOR A WEDDING!
Below is an article I found in the Florida Alligator regarding the funky fingers:

Fashion designer Amy Smilovic, creator of Tibi, uploaded a photo on Wednesday to her Facebook page. This photo featured her new manicure that she had professionally done for a wedding. However, this was no ordinary manicure. Smilovic requested that her manicurist paint random shapes onto her nails in bright red to give off an effortless chipped look.
Smilovic discussed how she recently saw a couple of fashion magazine editors sporting the look and fell in love with it. She described the look as being effortless and approachable.

Would you pay for this?
I usually pay to have this taken off!!!
I'm not sure how I feel about this being a trend...
especially for something as formal as a wedding.



7 comments:

paula said...

I would NEVER pay for this. I think it's only a trend in trailer parks. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

Anonymous said...

It is a practical look,I think it's all the rage at Walmart. As far as paying for it, why do that when all you need to do is scrub a few toilets with an SOS pad.

E

Anonymous said...

11/03/2010

Hey! Hey!

For past 3 months, my manicurist and I have been getting rave reviews over our spur of the moment slap- on, campy, nail enamel variations--which accommodate favorably to some degree of aging and chipping.

GGMA B

lisa_sims said...

If this is in then I don't have to pay for a manicure. I will just save the money and bite my nails! Good way to save some money.

Aunt T said...

GROSS! :(>

Chelise said...

I am a trend setter, I've realized!! Straight up TRAILERHOOD! I should include y'all a pic of the polish on my toes right now!!

And the look I am sporting was free!

Anonymous said...

11/05/10

2 weeks into my "Random Manicure" I'm still getting many favorable comments.

Kim, my Manicurist, comes tomorrow.
We'll plot a new "Random Manicure Fashionista" design.

GGMA B