Wednesday, November 24, 2010

{A  forecast that went limp}


So "The Blizzard of 2010" hit last night.
The winds were forceful and the temps were just above 0 (zero!!!).
The snow turned to ice on the roads and then storm just kind of pooped out.
I'm sitting here saying,
 "I've seen waaay worse storms in my life
Blizzard Shmizzard!"
The weathermen had a bit of "over stimulation" regarding the severity of this storm.
I won't complain about a turn of better forecast!

But since there are icy roads and unpredictable weather, we have decided to stay in Utah for Thanksgiving. 
I called Amie (in Colorado) to give her the 411 on our non-visit.  Amie said she understood, and valued our lives too much to have us drive there with white knuckles.
hmmmmmmm...?!?!?!
I sensed some sarcasm in her voice when she talked about valuing our lives and friendship.
I'm not sure if it was when she laughed after saying the phrase,
or if it was when she asked if I could tell she was lying to me and she was just saying something to be nice because it's the right thing to do!
HA HA!  Very funny Amie!
I guess I will save the cyanide I was going to whip in my sweet potato dish to serve at your house....
I should be able to use it at another time....maybe your birthday cake!!!!

Ah Holidays........
showing love, kindness and gratitude to the ones you love

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you kids won't be out on the roads, I thought the Colorado trip would be a no go. Wish you could all be here instead.
Is Artic Circle open on Thursday....

Love
E

Tracy said...

Did somebody say "ArCtic Circle"???
There's one just down the street! :)
YEAH!!!

Tracy said...

Did somebody say "ArCtic Circle"???
There's one just down the street! :)
YEAH!!!

Anonymous said...

11/28/2010
Well! It was a lot more scary blizzard than I ever want.

Cabin Fever is not my favorite experience.

We've acquired an invaluable asset in our senior community: A fabulous masseuse who lives among us. Pat is so great! She's a miracle for me. My feet and legs, shoulders, arms, neck, hands--lungs--every part 0f me got a new lease on life, Friday afternoon.
Only thing is: I snarfed down my yummy leftover goodies from Emily's generous take home package--fell into bed, didn't get to listen to Barb Walter's Obama couple interview.
GGMA B