Sunday, October 31, 2010

{October goodbye's}


I ended out the last days of October with of course,
Halloween celebrations.
I had a drink with my favorite Hallo"weenie"
Uncle Genie-weenie.

I was persuaded to buy rugby tickets by a scary-hairy Baywatch reject.
I threw-up a little in my mouth and felt like acid had eaten my eyeballs.....
the pain only lasted a minute or two.
I think the psychological damage was the most scarring.


The next day, we carved/painted punkins.
Riv worked with the precision and skill of a surgeon.
He threw around the word "incision" often.




His work paid off, and we rushed to the porch to light the candle.

Jax's punkin was a bit rotten in the guts, so he ended up painting his.


I think he was going for a self portrait.


And look who graced us with her Diva Witch presence!!!
Thank God for Aunt T!!!!
She made our evening fun and adventurous!!!
I am such a humbug when it comes to anything organized....
closets, religion, and holidays!!!!
I did make caramel apples, cinnamon rolls and chili tho :)
I'm always up for the organized food!



After 2.5 hours of running the streets, the boys came home excited to do the "annual candy trade".
This annual activity usually results in some kind of argument.
Mainly because one kid tries to trade a hard piece of peppermint candy for a full sized snickers!!
They are on to each others strategies and the barter is more like pirating, and then it all goes down hill from there.
It's comical to watch.
Sadly.....I think this is the last year of house-to-house trick-or-treating for my boys.
Yes, they are at that age that it is no longer "acceptable" to knock on doors and ask for candy.

That is,
unless her name is Candy.

har de har har

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to leave you with one last picture.
WARNING!!!
It is even more traumatizing than the scary-hairy Baywatch dude!

ARE YOU READY??
ARE YOU SURE?????

Ok, you asked for it!!!!!




Someone just HAD to post their "Christmas Countdown Snowman" in the window on Halloween night for all to see.
Why?
Why?
Why?
CAN'T WE JUST GET THROUGH FREAKIN HALLOWEEN WITHOUT A REMINDER THAT CHRISTMAS IS
 56 DAYS, 7 HOURS, 35 MINUTES, AND 19 SECONDS
away from our pocketbooks???????

signing off now,
the Grinch




9 comments:

Witch Diva T said...

Are we not introducing "Veronica"--Riv's Evil Twin--to the world?? ;)

paula said...

Aunt T-I think we should introduce "Katy Perry's Mom" to the world.

I noticed when we left that River was actually writing down on a tablet an inventory of his candy! These boys crack me up. Amen to the Christmas countdown.....come on people!

Chelise said...

Bah Humbug!! I can't even THINK about X-Mas yet, let alone start the freakin countdown!! WTF! Can't punkins and turkey have their day?? It's all a conspiracy! This is my year to become very crafty...crafty at NOT spending any money! Take that retail world!

Chelise said...

Aunt-T, you are the hottest lil witch I know! Wish I could have witnessed, in person, the candy stock exchange...Hey NYSE, take note!

Anonymous said...

We ran out of candy, so had to hand out cans of tuna...what...we are in a recession people!!

E

lisa_sims said...

Ok...baywatch dude is scary! Loving the pumpkins and the costumes, but I am glad halloween is over. I say...bring on the Christmas! It is not nearly as scary. I am ready to start shopping!

Anonymous said...

11/01/2010

What! Ya' mean y'all don't keep a dental floss sample back-up for when you run out of Hallowe'en candy treats?
We still get this free dental stuff after dental visits, don't we?

Ga-Ga GGMA B

Jolie said...

Aunt E~
you said you were giving out lice...i would have come over if I knew it was tuna!

Anonymous said...

No silly, I didn't do the lice bags cause every damn kid here already has it!!

E