Thursday, October 28, 2010


{A virtual party}


Jax had his "class" Halloween party today.
In the week leading up, I was curious of how this whole thing would play out.
I mean.....it's all through a computer.....how do you have a class party when everyone is sitting in their own homes???
"Hey dude!!!  Party is at my house!!"



Jax's online teacher had me send a picture of Jax in his costume.
Jax was laughing and excited when he saw his picture come on screen.



She did a parade with the pictures and had each child tell the other students what they were by typing it into a conference box.
Then they did pumpkin art, word finds, etc.

Jax had a lot of fun and got to see the faces of his classmates.
This is the stuff that is bizarre to me.....and I still think it's weird in a dorkhole kind of way.

A. Party. On. The. Computer.

Can you see how stupid this sounds?
ahhhhhhhhhh....whatcha gonna do?


Then came the time that the students had to guess what the teacher's costume was.
They had to ask her yes and no questions.
Oh....the anticipation was intense!!!
She finally revealed herself!!!!


This was Jax's reaction.
A state of shock!
He then said, "This is just flat out degrading and humiliating!  I feel bad for her just standing there like that in a birthday bag!"


I had to agree.

Sometimes homeschooling makes me say, "WTF?!?!?!??!"
Is this for real?
It's just so .....so..... virtual.


6 comments:

Aunt T said...

Well, at least the teacher was "present"! Har-Har!! :)>

Anonymous said...

10/29/2010
FASCINATING! I've never actually been in on a home schooling session. I'd appreciate some succeeding illustrations.
GGMA B

paula said...

Why did she cut off her head in the picture? Love Jax's amazed reaction.
Hey just remember....even those virtual kids need to party.

lisa_sims said...

Very clever! The whole thing! At least he had a party even if it was virtual. Nice costume Jax.

Anonymous said...

That bitch stole my costume!!

E

Chelise said...

Any partay, vitual or not, I am in on! Super fun for Jax and very creative :)