Wednesday, October 27, 2010

{Sometimes I forget}


We all have our insecurities.

Name your poison:
legs
butt
arms
feet
teeth
stomach
boobs
hair
age
personality
the never ending list


Sometimes, OK a lot of times, I get self absorbed and only think of the superficial,
and how I'm not "picture perfect".

Then I remember.....perfect isn't real.
perfect isn't real
perfect isn't real
perfect isn't real

And after repeating this true statement in my head,
even the scars on my face become an imperfect love that I have for myself. 

We are our own enemy.
We have to stop!


Ladies, you are beautiful
you are sexy
you are breathtaking
you are unique
especially with your real imperfections.
Believe it and pass it on!



4 comments:

Chelise said...

Amen Sista!!!

Anonymous said...

10/29/2010
Wasn't that the lesson in movie: JUNEAU?
I'm finding the secret of loving and celebrating my own beauty is appreciating the reality of who I really am.
People often ask me if I am an artist--maybe because of my colorful couture . . . or is it my always slightly shocking dialogue--or is it my off key, impassioned singing as I enter a crowded room , ride on a UTA bus or TRAX.
I answer: "Yes, I'm an artist. My ongoing masterpiece is myself."

paula said...

Oh-I love the comment above...I'm guessing it's your Grandma.

This is so true. It's nice to get a reminder of this because it's almost impossible to not compare ourselves to FAKE looking people. This could totally be a "DOVE" commercial.

I BELIEVE!

lisa_sims said...

Thank you for this post Jolie. I am so hard on myself all the time that I need soemeone to grab me by the ears and say knock it off! Quit trying to be so perfect and live a little! I believe too!!!!