Monday, October 25, 2010

{Room fit for a tween}


While reaching the entrance of River's new basement bedroom
the DO NOT ENTER sign reminds me to ask the King-Tween's permission before entering his "king-shit" dome.
Asking to enter is number one rule in this bachelor crib!!
Once you have the blessing of the royal hynus,
you may step in.
Remember to only look and please be sure NOT to touch!
Sacred stuff up in here!
You could get lashings... or even worse.....
86'd from the joint FOREVER
FOREVERFOREVERFOREVER!


Decor of choice: ROCK-IT-OUT!
Complete with a new queen sized captains bed with a masculine pleather headboard.

The neon light guitar clock was a hanging that River paid for himself.
He just HAD to have it!!!!
He also picked out the bedding which we bought online.
Who knew you couldn't run down to your local WallyWorld and grab a Rock-n-Roll bed in a bag???
NOOOO...that would be way too cheap and easy!

Check out the old skool butt rockin stereo system.
Also bought online....but used of course!
This genUine 90's JVC, 5 disc CD, dual cassette player with big balled speakers was only $35 on KSL!!!
This was something that I wanted Riv to have.
My stereo, music and headphones were what saved me from myself many times as a teen.

The library and entertainment area.

The "getting smart" and Chuck Norris area.
Very soon this will also be called the
 "throw all your crap on this desk" area too.


And the "geeeetar jam session studio" area.

This room has been a blast to put together.
This room is MY teenage dream room!!!
(for real!)
It is a thrill to be able to give it to my kid!!!

Because River Rocks!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on Riv. I can't wait to check it all out.

Love
E

Sarah Jackman said...

Awesome! Looks great and I bet he loves it!

paula said...

It turned out so nice! I remember what his nursery looked like.....this is just weird. ROCK ON RIV! And I totally agree with you about the butt rockin stereo...a MUST for any teen from our generation. I still have mine. Jay D wants me to trash it and I told him NO WAY!

A FAN said...

DUDE! Eddie Van Halen called, he wants his room back!!! Lovin it! :)>

Chelise said...

I am SOOOO FREAKIN Jealous!!! Man RIVER!! You've got some DAMN good taste and a ROCKIN MOMMA.....

Anonymous said...

10/30/2010

Rivah Mon: When are you scheduling your first Rockin Riv Concert?
--Ya Gotta Oughta set up a concert schedule before 2011--even if they start out being 15 minutes.
Get an Agent/Assistant ASAP.
GGMA B