Saturday, April 24, 2010

{concerts are like pepto....
makes everything feel better}



Thursday night, Paula and I went to our loooong awaited concert.
Daughtry, with opening acts Cavo and Lifehouse.
Of all days, I was having stomach issues.
I don't know why I say "of all days".  I have stomach issues every of all days!  But this one was that of a different kind.
The kind that feels like an acid ball, a poop stick, and a 30 pound bag o'lard is stuck in the middle of your rib cage. 
 The only cure.......beer and rock music!!!!
(or maybe an internal plunger with pepcid shooting out of it)



First order of bizness, was beer.  STAT!
Next, was to beat the crowds of embellished levi's and GI-normous hair to the pisser.
I wish I would have done my process the other way around.
I don't like taking my food/drinks into the bathroom with me.
I think I was told alcoholic beverages kill any kind of bacteria.
I'm going with that theory....just to make myself feel better.

As I'm doing the shaking leg squat in platform clogs, with my purse dangling from my neck, I look up to see this bum-per sticker on the door.  BUM....get it??? hardy har har!
A bathroom stall is a very interesting place for this public service announcement to be.
I wonder how this is working for them.
Are people immediately stopping their smoking habit because they've been hit with knowledge of  "BALDNESS" while they are having a private moment???
hmmmmmm.......



First band was Cavo.
I recognized 3 of their songs from the radio.
They are much more popular than I realized, yet are very green when it comes to performing in front of large "sold out" crowds.

A 7 foot tall dude was on the electric geeeetar.
Remember when i announced that tall men should not be in bands!!!!
He didn't get my memo.
He was out of step and tried real hard to look sexy with legs flailing across the stage.

Singer sounded great....moves were uh, just ok....again, trying to look sexy. Didn't pull it off.

Bass geeetar player:  Mexican smurf with 9 too many bandannas attached to his head, pants, wrists and shoe.   A good 58 pounds of chain dangling from one belt loop to another.  And no moves.  When he did jump, I was so scared he was going to topple over from all the weight of his accessories.
Luckily it would have looked similar to a new toddler......their bums aren't too far from the ground, so pain isn't the issue.

But really, the band sounded awesome and I love their songs!!!
Entertaining in their own little way :)


Lifehouse.......
OOOOOOO  LA LA!!!!
My favorite performances of the evening!!!
Looks and moves were "hell ya!" sexy!
Sounds as smooth as melted chocolate in my mouth....mmmm
Lead singer got off the stage, ran through the floor crowd and up into the seats.  He didn't even wait for his security to follow.  He was touching the crowd and singing to them as he ran by.
Every song was AMAZING!
This is how a real band interacts with their fans.
LOVE YOU LONG TIME LIFEHOUSE!!!
(they should have been the headliner)


A big curtain was the first thing you see when Daughtry started jamming.
Then the lights overhead reveal the musicians.
Dramatically, the curtain drops.
Great start.


Do you see that platform behind the drummer?  I assume it was built for someone to run around on.
It never got used.

Maybe it's because I just didn't know enough of Chris Daughtry's words to his songs, or maybe it was because ALL of his songs sounded the same, or if it was because he is BORING, that I didn't get all hot and bothered by his concert.  He had a good laser light show that would sporadically pop up.  He sang one cover, the Phil Collins "In the air tonight".  Now THAT was good. 

 Maybe he will always be an 'American Idol that sings good covers' to me.
Daughtry is NOTry in my humble rock review.

(Em....you didn't miss out)


This adorable couple was in front of us.
Truth is....they were my entertainment during Daughtry.
They are both around 16-ish, and you could tell came as friends.
They both new EVERY word, stood through EVERY song, and jumped, threw horns, laughed, and screamed.  As the night went on, the boy got a little more courage to express his feelings of being "more than friends".  He would give a quick embrace, stare at her, lean in just to smell skin, copied her movements to let her know he was 'intune' with her.
She was starting to welcome the little touches.
I actually came to tears a couple times watching this young courtship.
Thinking, "I sure hope she doesn't break his heart".
I imagined my son's being in his place someday.


Another great time with one of my besties......
Love ya Paula!  My green eyed gal :)

3 comments:

paula said...

I second the opinion about the Phil Collins song, it was the best one.....and I HATE that song. Seriously folks, it was Boring. The public service announcement on the back of my bathroom stall door said "WRINKLES" and then some crap about smoking that you know a smoker doesn't give two rats ass's about.

Tracy said...

WTF?? Who is Square Squared?? SQUARE!

lisa_sims said...

You guys always look like your having so much fun, even if the headliner isn't what you thought is should be. Thanks for sharing. Jolie...you crack me up! Thanks for the visual of you in the bathroom. We have all been there! Love the stories!!!