Friday, April 23, 2010

{Lock the doors!!!
A gay person might walk in!}



Background to the "Jax story":
It was an early summer's morning and I was 13. 
 I was left home alone with an unlocked screen door being the only thing between me in my night shirt and the outside world.
A man had escaped from a nearby "crazy facility" and decided that my home would be a place that he wanted to kick back for a while.
Yes, I woke up to a weird, bloody, stinky, crazed stranger standing over me.
I could bore you with the continuation of the details, but the point to this "Jax" story, is that my kids understand, by my experience, to always keep the doors locked.

~~~~~~~~

Tonight, I asked Jax if the garage was shut.
He said, "Oh yah!  It sure is mom!  Wouldn't want a HOMO to walk into our house".
"A HOMO?  What are you talking about?" I asked.
He replied, "Ya know mom, like that homeless guy that walked into your house when you were a teenager. Uck! I get the chills just thinking about that!"
I laughed and said, "Do you mean a HOBO???
 You know, a HOMO means gay."
With a bewildered look he said, "OK, now I'm confused......The homeless guy that came into your house was gay?"



3 comments:

paula said...

How is it that I know nothing about this stranger breaking in and standing over you when you were a teenager? I thought I knew everything there was to know about you by now. DO TELL. You know I'm calling you tomorrow to get the full story.

Oh Jax-bless his heart.

Anonymous said...

So...if you are homophobic youare afraid to leave your house!!!Katie and jax must have the same dictionary.

E

Tracy said...

So THAT'S why he asked me what a HOMO
was today. I thought he had spent too much time up @ Jer's this weekend! LOL