Monday, April 12, 2010


{I'm in the bathroom.....}



If you ever can not find me......
I'm in my newly decorated, painted, designed bathroom.
Just sitting there.
Admiring.

New paint: Moroccan brown
New cabinet with granite top and glass bowl
New mirror


New mirrored table to display towels and smell goods.



A wall hanging that I got from Burlington Coat Factory for $25 (original price $120).
I am in love with this simple piece.
It makes me feel happy.


These are the boys' new backpack/shoe cubby.
This used to be a wall that was used for NOTHING.
Cody, our cousin who painted the boys' rooms, knocked a little hole to see what was behind the sheet rock.
Luckily, there were no obstructions, so he framed in these rockin "lockers".
Can you believe that at one time this was a flat, unusable surface?

Lockers/cubbies are MUST for any family!!!

I've got my eye on a few other walls in my house that I would like to build in cubbies!
Construction is addicting when you see how cool the end result can be.


Now, if we can keep the boys from storing their stank-ass moldy socks in there!
Uuccchhhhh! Boys stink something unnatural!
I get convulsions in my nostrils just thinking about it.
Those of you who have pubescent boys know exactly what I'm talkin' about.....
Those of you who have yet to come upon those wonderful years,  Oh, sista!  You just wait!

Whew!  Got off subject...sorry.
The blog post point is:
Be adventurous with color and make your home usable and functional and fung shui for YOU!
Remember, a house is like your face and hair.....
It is essential to upkeep and update.



4 comments:

Megan said...

Love the new bathroom. I love how well the new shower curtain goes with the wall hanging or the wall hanging goes with the new shower curtain. I wish someday for a bowl sink like that, some day when it won't be full of gross toothpaste and dirty little hands... And that cubbie idea. Damn. LOVE IT! I literally got a whiff of those socks. Boys are rank. Amen to that!!! I live in a house full of them. Thank GOD for febreeze and glade plug-ins and my new love Odo-Ban (i use this everywhere now).

Thanks for the sweet compliment on my blog... my secret is stay far, far away from the camera and refuse closeups.

Megan

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH, I love it!! I was just in Burlington today, I like to pick up expensive things that I want to put in the house,walk around with them for an hour,then put them back and run out the door.
The bathroom is beautiful. Someday mine will be finished and you will be soooo....surprised!!

Auntie E

Lisa said...

Love the new bathroom Jolie!!!!

Chelise said...

OOMMG LLOOVVEE IITT! I want a cubby too....! That sink so contemporary and amazing1 How did we suffer through using that bathroom before, now that we have this!!??

I think the Aria had quite an effect on all our taste, ehh??