Thursday, May 13, 2010


{fifteen years}


What I've learned in 15 years of living life without my baby brother......

People haven't forgot him.....thank you

His shirts that hang in my closet have lost his scent......but I still smell  his cologne in the air as if he is standing behind me

Nothing/nobody replaces his void

My boys never met him......but they know him

A song can take me back to memories........one of my favorites was the day he and I danced in the living room to his new U2 CD.  We shared  laughs, a beer and a smoke, and talked about how much we loved and needed each other

My heart can still beat and love even with a scar that runs through every chamber

I can now go through the day of May 13th, with tears of happy remembrance of his life, and without a heartache breakdown from his death

Happiness and joy surrounds

Life goes on

Everybody hurts sometimes

Love goes on



I love my brother
My brother loved me



Picture was taken in 1992.
On the back I had wrote:
"Tying bubb's tie.....do I have to do everything? 
What would he do without his sissy?"






9 comments:

G-ma said...

OH JOLIE, HE HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL SMILE. I MISS HIM JUST AS MUCH TODAY AS I HAVE EVERY DAY SINCE OUR LOSS. I LOVE YOU.

Unknown said...

Man, I miss him. Rough day, but your strong words help. My thoughts are with you more than usual today. All my love.
Em

Tracy said...

D amn Funny!
A wesome smile
M ost loyal
O nly Son
N ever forgotten

I miss you, Bud.

Love Always,
Aunt T. <3

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

05/13/2010


White Wedding. White Wedding.
I'll never forget that music of Sept 09/1989. I can see Damon jiving as he tuned in the record and sang -- tenderly.
Even then, I sensed sadness -- a tentative farewell to that special childhood sibling bond between those two golden children:
Jolie Janin & Damon Dal.

There are about a dozen days of my life that for me replay over and above worldly rhythms..

"Goodbye" can't ever really apply to closely held days.

ALL MY LOVE GrandmaB

Chelise said...

I love seeing those pictures Jol-

Thought of you and he all day.... Randy, Mom, and I talked of him yesterday, rembering the events of the day of his passing.

He always lets me know he is there...I always seem to hear Hootie and the Blowfish every anniversary of that day since. Just a little thing between him and I, but I love it soo much! Thanks for this post........:))))

Anonymous said...

Ice Ice Baby...He was and still is our beautiful vanilla ice man. I know he and Janin are pulling their pranks on all of us and having a good time doing it.
Love and miss him.


Auntie E

segura2salazar said...

I am so moved by what you wrote Jolie! I know how bittersweet these days can be. I love you and I am thinking about you! It takes awhile but the tears of happiness and wonderful memories are worth so much to us now!

Jolie said...

Adrianne....thought of you a lot while writing this post. We are bonded my unfortunate commons. I know you "get it" when I write of my experience. And thank you for all of your love and thoughts.....mine are with you too girl :)
xoxoxo