Monday, May 10, 2010


{Painful lessons learned}


Randy and I both yell
"STOP!!!  DON'T DO IT!!!"
As River puts a serrano pepper to his mouth.


He decides that he wants to learn this lesson by his own experience.
One bite.......not bad
Two bites.......a little heat


Three bites......FIRE from HELL!!!!!!!!
(Notice how red his cheeks are.  The tears came shortly after)



Drinking all the water available at the table, only made the burn intensify.
A 911 waiter call for a glass of milk may have been what saved his life.

Another fine example of
"mom and dad don't know anything.......don't tell me what to do.....I can handle it"
backfiring on the poor lad......
and I'm pretty sure he is feeling the backfire today, if you know what I mean :(



2 comments:

Chelise said...

Poor lil buddy! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way, ehh??

"Backfire" can also be referred to as "ring o fire".....hot food for thought!

lisa_sims said...

Derek has performed this same experiment more then once to my knowledge. They gotta learn somehow!