Wednesday, May 19, 2010

{Mean people breed mean kids}




Randy, the boys and I were generously invited to a barbecue by people who wanted to spend the day with us and love us.  We didn't know the person hosting the shindig, so we kind of came as tag-a-longs.  We were greeted by two young boys, who seemed nice and inviting to Riv and Jax........the nice was short lived.
Once others started showing up, and a couple more boys got involved, the nice turned to  hateful actions and words.
A well known business man in our community showed his pompous side from the get-go.  As his boy was throwing a soccer ball intentionally at my son's head, he said to me, "my kid gets very competitive" and laughs with pride.  I am seeing four boys on one side of the dodge ball line and my two boys on the other.  It was a gang up and the mean boys were out for blood.  Comments like, "hey fat boy", "you're stupid.....and that's what your mom said when you were born", "you're so retarded you can't even throw the ball".....and so on.  When my boys did make a good play and got the opponent out, the other team would call my kids cheaters and liars.

Randy and I were unaware of how harsh my boys were truly being treated.  I noticed the others being rude and non sportsman like, but I just bit my lip and wanted to see how my kids would react.  My kids are coming to an age that it isn't cool for momma to go stepping in the middle of their interactions.  They are both old enough and generally smart enough to understand how to handle themselves.  But at one point, it looked like Jax was going to go psycho........I was worried about the life of the boy with the smart mouth. Jax had his laser vision directed straight at blooding the boy's nose. Randy stepped in and tried to get them all to play something different.   This didn't go too far, before the other boys had to throw in how lame this was and left to play video games in the house. 
Thank God!!!!  I was done with this whole experience and ready to leave.
BTW:  None of the other parents flinched that their kids were being assholes.  In fact, I got the feeling that they were proud of their children's behavior.

It wasn't until that night that my boys regaled the story of their experience.  River was almost in tears telling me how the "competitive, smart mouth" boy, said that I was a douche-bag.  YES!  An 11 year old boy called ME a DOUCHEBAG!  Does he even know what the hell that is?!?!?!?  SERIOUSLY people!!! This makes me sick on so many levels.

After hearing about all that was said and done to my kids, Randy and I both apologized to them for not being more proactive and  aware of what they were experiencing.  I felt like I failed them.  I was given warning signs and even pushed Jax away as he was trying to tell me that the kids were being cruel.  I didn't take him seriously.....told him to "buck up". 

Shame on me.
Shame on the other parents who are pridefully raising assholes.
YOU PEOPLE SUCK!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I HATE kids like that!! I want to punch them in the effin face! I know that is so very grown up of me, right? My sweet Liam had the same kind of experience at church last week only the evil boy did end up with a bloody nose. Long story short I wish I would have listened more about why he didn't want to go to church instead of forcing him so that he could be picked on by some jackass of a ten year old.

Don’t beat yourself up about it. We have the best intentions and you were still there to hear them and to comfort them. It is hard to raise strong yet sensitive little men today and you, jolie {and randy}, are doing an amazing job at it. I hope that we can meet this summer and let our boys play nice.

ggmlaurapearl said...

05/19/2010

WHAT THE _____!
Where was your camera throughout?

Why no U-Tube video to send to Oprah, Dr Phil, Ellen, Glee, The Doctors, Twitter, Skype for the civilized world to witness the non-class status
of SCUZ BAG MANOR?

Do you have their blog address so you can forward this to them?

Or Facebook, or whatever?
I want those names, addresses. I'll be out in front of this home via ParaTransit.

This is not the time for MR & MRS NICE GUY FAMILY TO IGNORE THE PAIN AND SEND TY NOTE FOR THE HOSPITALITY.

I absolutely believe these parents observed and heard everything that their kids did. These kids play this brand of hospitality at every opportunity.

paula said...

Assholes breed assholes. Already dealing with this and my kid is only 3! It's times like these when it would just be easier to shield yourselves in your own little safe cocoon but we both know that's unrealistic. Truth is, there are assholes everywhere and they will deal with them as adults too....without us there to hear about it or witness it. I am dreading this. It breaks my heart just thinking about it. It's so hard sometimes to know when to step in and when to back off. Don't beat yourself up about it. You did the right thing that night by talking to them about it and hearing them out.

Anonymous said...

Invite them over for a fun party,line them up against the back fence and let the boys practice their shooting skills!!
Or ex-lax brownies always do the trick.

E

Tracy said...

Pin-the-tail-on-the-DONKEYS comes to mind. Those punks don't deserve Riv and Jax's good-natured company!
Apparently, the bad-apples don't fall far from their parent-trees!!!
All we can hope is that the gang witnessed a great example of how to be GREAT parents and kids from ya'll :)