Sunday, May 2, 2010

{Boys in tights}


This drama is one of the great comedy plays by William Shakespeare. The Comedy of Errors relies heavily on mix-ups and witty dialogue. The characters include two sets of twins, Antipholus of Ephesus and Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Ephesus and Dromio of Syracuse. Dromio of Ephesus is the slave of Antipholus of Ephesus, and Dromio of Syracuse is the slave of Antipholus of Syracuse. Antipholus of Ephesus is unaware that he has a twin brother, Antipholus of Syracuse. And Dromio of Ephesus is unaware that he also has a twin brother, Dromio of Syracuse. Farcical mix-ups occur when all the twins all meet in Ephesus. The themes of the play are reality, time, coincidence and love.

Did ya get that????
It is kind of confusing to understand until you see the play.....and after you've seen in like 6 times in a row, which I was fortunate enough to experience,  you REALLY understand it! 
It's a witty, hilarious tale.
Enjoy :)



River, Antipholus of Syracuse, and his unknown twin brother Micheal, Antipholus of Ephesus.
Great casting eh?


The cute lil guy in the middle plays their father..he! he!
(lil man's mom told me that her son  is enjoying his tights....
I had to admit that my boy is enjoying them too!?!?!)


Antipholus believing his slave, Dromio, who is also a twin, has been deceitful.
see video  here



Antipholus confessing his love for Lucianna
see video here


A funny character named Mr Pinch,
is the "Witch Doctor" that lacks skill or talent.
He is hired to get the devil out of the "other" Antipholus.
see video  here



The children were amazing with their comedic timing and their skill in memorizing their lines.
After an entire week of performing every day, the kids felt bitter sweet about the end.
You could tell that they were all getting tired......
tired of saying the same ol' line
tired of wearing the same ol' costumes
tired of saying their parts slowly
tired of using emotion....
but they followed through til the end.
I heard them all talking after the last play on Friday, and they were sharing their feelings of  "working so hard and now it's over......bummer!"
see ending video  here



On Monday, I received this note from Riv's teacher.
I know....the picture is funny!
This tells everything about her personality.
She has a great sense of humor, is without ego, and in love with the children.
The way an elementary teacher should be!
I feel so bad for her in this sudden diagnosis of Bells Palsy.  She won't even let herself get in the way of the kids' play!
She was the only adult guiding these children through their lines, the construction of the set, and personally hand made all of the costumes!!!!!
I just can't say enough about what a wonderful human being she is.
She has given River the best scholastic year of his life.


We would like to thank all that came to show love and support....
Aunt T.
(((clap, clap, clap)))

Paula
(((clap, clap, clap)))


Randy and Jax
(Jax not seen in picture)
(((clap, clap, clap)))


And I would personally like to give my son,
 River Damon,
a deserving standing ovation!
(((CLAP, CLAP, CLAP,
CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP)))
He is the reason my heart beats love, my eyes happily tear and my smile spreads wide.


I have a few more little snippets of the play on youtube.  Search with the words
"The comedy of errors-river".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video snippets were great, watched them twice so I wouldn't miss a single line River spoke.He is a natural...get him in more plays.

E

Chelise said...

Great Job Riv!! You Rocked it! I was belly laughing at the snippet of you professing your love...She aint worth it! Don't let her break your heart!

I'm so proud of you!

I totally got to learn how to post stuff on youtube.........

Aunt T. said...

Encore, Encore!!
A STAR IS BORN!!!
You are AWESOME, my fellow Thespian :)