Monday, November 23, 2009

{Constant doubt}


Randy and I were on our way home from a fabulous date night in Wendover.
I was asking him how it was possible for me, to miss my boys when I hadn't even been away from them 24 hours.  That led into me wondering if I/we are too hard on our kids.  I take my parental role seriously, and try not to let bad behavior get beyond my control.  I started thinking that  I am too strict, and probably NOT the funnest mom that ever lived! It made me feel sad for the boys.

That is when Randy said something that squashed my 'Hitler discipline' worry.




"You know, you have to keep a handle on these kids and let them know who the authority is.  Because if you don't, before you know it, you've got that effin nanny show in your house, telling you what a weenie, dumb ass you are as a parent, and your kids are little shits!"  
And he was SERIOUS!!!

I decided right then....I would rather be a meanie mom than a weenie mom.


Sometimes my husband throws a brilliant piece of information at me like this, and I feel lucky to have such a fart smeller......smart feller! 

3 comments:

lisa_sims said...

Helloooooo...did you already forget about the bacon and eggs breakfast the other morning...before school, not even on a Saturday!!!! Give yourself a little credit for those awesome boys!!!! Okay, done yelling now.

Glad you and Randy had fun!

Jolie said...

LOL! Lisa!!!
You are so funny!
Thanks for the bitch slap....and laugh.

hello....waiting for a new post on yer blog...get movin' lady!

paula said...

Randy is a wise man.