Thursday, November 12, 2009

{Vacacheeaaawwwn~continued}


I am advancing to stop #3 of the trip....
days 8,9,10.
I will go back to stop #2 when I get all of my pics in order,
and I'm not still in laundry HELL,
and when we are done with the kids' puking and pooping gumboo!

Alrighty then......here we go!
Vegas girls trip!!!


Friday night in Vegas.
Paula and I met up with Chelise and Elise at Harrah's.
A band that we used to follow is the house band at Toby Keith's, and we were excited to see them again.
Yah....apparently when you go from rock-n-roll to country in your song line-up,
YOU SUCK REALLY BAD!!!!  Band=disappointing.
(CherRee, you didn't miss out not seeing them!)



The crappy band didn't stop us from having one hell of a good time though!
~A nice security guard took us under his wing and led us right to the ONLY open table....next to the stage and dance floor!  He watched after our purses and made sure we weren't bothered by creepy men.
~We  met some fun couples that we danced and laughed with. The husbands were driving their wives CRAZY! The wives were embarrassed and annoyed, and tried to drink the hubby's off of their mind.
 Vegas really isn't the place for couples if you want to have fun. Husbands have gone home in body bags from Vegas, JUST for being in the same vicinity of their wife! Can you say, "irritating".
Not good, Not good.


Another piece of advice:
DON"T go to Vegas right after a cruise!!!
Reason #1: You have to jump out the 5 story hotel room you're staying in, JUST to get your favorite "going out" jeans on.  (10 lbs, 10 days...argh!!)
Reason #2:  Paula and I couldn't tell if we were drunk or land sick.
Nauseated, head spinning, and wavering while walking.  But that didn't stop us from laughing and shakin' our money makers. (Let's just say Paula is rich and I am dirt poor regarding our money makers!)


This would be the last night Paula was able to have sista time with us.
We thought about calling Jay D. and telling him that he would have to pay
one milliiiiooooon dollars ransom to get his wife back.
We were good, and didn't make it any harder on Paula by causing drama with kidnapping charges and all.
But it was killing us to let her go.


Saturday afternoon while walking the strip, we asked John Edwards to go to the other side and find out if we were destined to win in Vegas.
He came up with some bullshit response like, "Do you know someone with brown hair, that has a brother, and a great smile, and from UTAH?!??!?!?!??
OMG!!!!  We were freaking out!!!
Yes!  I'm from Utah.  I know lot's of people with brown hair and has a brother!!!!
What are they trying to say?????
He said, " Hell I don't know! Go ask them yourself!"



So I did!

What are the Osmond's doing in Vegas anyway???
I'm perplexed.





The street painters are amazingly talented.
I loved this one because it is the queen and a Jack.
My in-laws, Jack and Carol, just had their anniversary.
Made me think of them :)


We saw Paris....we saw France
We saw ugly people not wearing underpants!
Gotta love Vegas for the people watching!


Saturday, we needed some kick-ass rock-n-roll baby!!!
We went on down to Carnival Court where the bar tenders flip bottles and put on cool shows.
Elvis was our favorite bar tender.
He had us "all shook up" with $3 coronas!!!!


This is Kennedy, our security guard from the night before!
He saw us, and found us a table in a packed dance area.
Then stood by to guard our purses AGAIN, and let us through the VIP gate to the restrooms.
He was a true gentleman and a pleasure to have accompany us.



Of course I had to throw in a picture of Chelise's trademark poses!!!!
Throw those horns girl!!!
We danced EVERY song.
Yes, my air guitar came out.
Yes, Chelise and I danced with a gay guy that looked just like Ryan Gosling from the Notebook.
He had really nice shoes :)



Elise lined up for a sample of Huka.
Except her first attempt was puffing up her cheeks, and blowing into it.  Then she couldn't figure out why she didn't get any smoke.

I'm not kidding!



Sunday, we left the strip and went down town to Freemont Street.
I had a few hours before I caught my flight.




The Golden Nugget just opened their new "swimming with the sharks" pool.
It is beautifully amazing!



See the tube?????
That is a water slide that goes through the shark tank!
I can't wait to take the boys!
The water is heated to a bath water temp.


They have cabanas that you can rent for $75/day on level two and three.
On the main level, they  have all of these comfy loungers, fire pit, hot tub and bar.
I am so coming back to this place next trip!!!!!!!


Elise didn't want to leave.  She started sucking her thumb, and yelling, "NO!  I won't go, you can't make me!"
We bribed her with pizza and she was ok. :)


So, what have we learned???
~Don't take spouse to Vegas....You could kill them.
~Don't see a rock-n-roll band sing country, and assume they will sound good.
~Don't step into Vegas after departing a cruise ship.
~DO drink too much and let loose!!!!  Yer in Vegas dammit!
And the most important motto I live by is:

LIVE LIFE LARGE
+
LOVE FREELY
+
ENJOY THE MOMENT
=
BALANCE

My motto was accomplished in Vegas!


7 comments:

Amie said...

All effin right! I am a little drunk and pissy, mainly because you planned a girls trip and didn't invite me!!! So..... when I decide to sober up, I just may be willing to leave some snotty, snide, bitchy ass, extremely rude comments about your stupid, little girls trip!!!

paula said...

Amie, Amie, Amie-with an attitude like that we either ....

A) Have to invite you next time-you'd fit right in

OR

B) Will be sure to "forget" to tell you about the next girls trip.

That comment made me laugh out loud. Holy shit. The band did suck didn't they? Weird. I'm so glad you got a picture of Kennedy. He was so sweet. It killed me to leave you ladies on Saturday. I can't believe Elise didn't go to Bett Midler! I'm glad you lived it up. Love you gals! Thanks for a great time.

Chelise said...

I....want....to.....go.....BACK! Why the F@#$ are we home already!! Effin good time ladies:)) John Edwards did tell me that he sees us there again, very soon.....

Love you girls!

Great post Jol-:)) Laughin out loud!

Amie-YOU ARE SO IN ;)

Chelise said...

Jolie,
You're crackin' me up! Love ya, can't wait for the next set of commentary for the rest of the pics

~Tally

Jolie said...

Oh Amie, Amie, Amie!
I love it when you get a fire under your ass!!! Add alcohol, and vwalahhhhh....instant humor! Girl, get your ass down here and WE WILL do a trip with you....little miss hide in Colorado! You have to venture away from the home.....come on...you can do it....baby steps.
Are you angry and drunk because Jordan is leaving???? When does she go? Call me soon. Love you, you hateful meanie :)

Amie said...

Paula, lets get one thing straight....I am queen bitch and I should always be at the top of the guest list!!!!

Jol....I will call ya Sunday. Does that work? We are having Jordan's goodbye party but I will call ya when your boys are in bed.
Jordan leaves Thursday!!!

I am glad you girls had a fabulous time!

Love ya!

lisa_sims said...

Looks like a blast! Wish I was there...oh, wait! I will be there in a couple of weeks for a girls trip of my own. Lucky me!!!


By the way, you girls look fabulous!!!