Wednesday, November 18, 2009


{Oh Boy! this could get sticky}



Below is a short, yet ulcer causing conversation I had with Jax while driving home.
It's a word exchange that has me confused.
The boy is 9.
Should I laugh it off as a cute "girl crazy" growing up moment?
Or should I be extremely freaked out, and seek professional help for the young casanova?
Jax will always be my kid that has me on a roller coaster ride.
I'm starting to think professional help will be needed.......for ME!


Jax:  Me, Adam, and my dream girl Lauren, are the most popular kids in the whole school.

Mom:  Why do you think that? 

Jax:  Mom! Adam is like the oldest kid!  Everyone likes him.
And everyone likes me too.  You know, the way I tell my jokes, the way my hair is spikey, the way I make people laugh.  They tell me I smell goooood. Seriously, just look at this face. (he turns to me with a pose that should be on the front of  GQ magazine)

Mom:  What about Lauren? Why is she so popular?

Jax:  Holy cow mom!  Haven't you seen the way that girl walks with those shiny silver boots and her long black hair!  You need to be paying more attention mom! She always looks sooooo pretty (he says with dreamy eyes)
You know, I used to like Teona.
She is still my friend though.

Mom:  Why wouldn't you like Teona anymore? 

Jax:  Uck! It's her hairy arms.  Just freaks me out.

Mom:  She can't help that. What's wrong with hairy arms?

Jax:  EVERYTHING mom!!!!  Ewe!

Mom:  Well, I don't like how girl crazy you are.  You need to be more focused on your school work and not girls.

Jax:  Oh mom, you worry too much...(with a side grin).  Trust me, i've learned how to juggle both.

Ummmm hummmm......scary, isn't it?!?

(I will go into Jax's HIGH testosterone levels on another post.  We really are seeking professional help.  My 9 year old has the body of a 13 year old.....in EVERY way!  I truly am dealing with a teenager!)

3 comments:

paula said...

Oh my hell-this is great! The hairy arm thing is going to have me laughing all night long.

lisa_sims said...

Wow! Crazy kids! I have two girls and am scared for the teenage years! You are handling this well.

I don't blame Jax for not liking hairy arms. Uck or ewe is a great way to descibe it! But, let focus on inner beauty, right?

Chelise said...

Jax! You stay away from girls! They are meaners!

I don't think this piece of advise is going to work anymore, huh?? I'll be working on some new stuff.