Tuesday, February 8, 2011


{Come on!!!  Sing with me!}


So the beat goes on!!!!
Yet another celebration for Paula and I's birthdays.
We collaborated many friends to meet at
Keys On Main, the dueling piano bar downtown.


Randy thought he was real funny by sneaking up a request, along with a 10 spot for the piano men to sing us a birthday jambalaya.
They started the music stew with "I kissed a girl".
So....of course, Paula and I had to do what performers in the spot light do!!!
We totally fake kissed!
The crowd seemed to enjoy that one.


Then piano dude brought out the props.
A cowboy hat for Paula, and a very sparse feathered boa for me.
I was instructed to "ride" the boa like a horse or stripper pole.
Paula whispered with all seriousness,
 "JOLIE!!! Don't do it!!!  You will regret it!!!"
I trust Paula as my shame protector,
 so I took the manged boa from between my legs and smoothly wrapped it around my neck....
where boa's were meant to be.
From that point, we danced, and laughed and belted out our special BonJovi birthday tune!
We ended the song with a shake of  tambourines
 and most of our pride in tact.



I didn't even have my beer goggles on!!!
I got on stage totally sober!!!
Well, a little sober.
Ok, maybe a bit buzzed.... 
but I had enough wits about me NOT to hump a boa!

Below is a row of waaaay fun picture of our party guests!
We had so many hilarious combined pictures.....
but due to blogging rules and space, 
I had to choose just a few for you to enjoy....
so please.....
ENJOY!



Ryan and Shannon



Paula and Jay D.....and
the Beard!


Shannon, me, Paula, Linda, Holly



me, Paula, Lisa, Rose, and Noelle


Jay and Lynsie


Mike, Paula, Holly


Me and the Rand


Lisa and Derek


Raelynn and Jake.....


Jerry and Dalton (Dalton not pictured)


Derek and Lisa's friends from New York....
Mark and Ethan












I think Randy was trying to 
"tune in Tokyo"
blind



The next three pics are of me and Lisa.
Every time we got within the same vicinity of each other, we bust out in hard core laughs!!!!!
Makes me laugh again just lookin at the pics!!!






Hey!!!!  We know how to have a good time!



Everyone was waving their arms......


Belting out tunes.....
(I'm on a boat)


And boogiewoogie'n all night long!!!!!



Cant I hear it for the piano men????
(((((((clap clap clap)))))


Paula and I ended the evening just as we started it....
.......kisses......
We do love each other....
totally platonic you nasties!!!!


We stayed til the end....
Happy and tired and high on song and friends.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate two fabu ladies. Jealous we couldn't be there for the craziness, but Salt Lake couldn't handle more Briggs women!!

E

Aunt T said...

I have to agree with E. That's why I stayed home! Glad Y'all tore it up right, tho!! Shout out to
Jolie Underwould & Queen P!!!

Chelise said...

Wish I could have sung "i'm on a boat" with y'all! Looks like SO much fun :) Someday we have to go there when I am up as well as the hooka bar. Fun, Fun, Fun!

paula said...

We did have fun! Love the pics and love the commentary. Especially the "Jerry and Dalton-Dalton not pictured". LMAO! Can we do it again soon?

lisa_sims said...

Was so much fun! You girls rock! YES, Paula will be doing this again very soon! Maybe Firday...new location..hehe.