Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{Some things never change}



Valentine's Day 2011


Randy gave me a gorgeous vase full of spring flowers and a bottle of wine.
My favorite part of the gift was the paper bag that said "I love you", 
and was sealed with a pair of  red fur hand cuffs :)
HUBBA HUBBA
(cuffs were a gift from Aunt T.)

I had a dinner reservation for 6:00 sharp for Randy and I.
It was to a restaurant that we had never been to, and I was excited to surprise Randy and also try a new dining experience.

Randy called me around 3:00 that afternoon.
I answered the phone not having a clue that 
Randy was the one with the surprise!

Rand:  "Babe!!! You're not going to believe who called me today????!!!?!?!!!"
Me:  "Who???  Who called you today????!?!?!??!?"
Rand:  "Randy H.!!!!  He and Michelle asked us to dinner tonight!"
Me:  "OH MY HELL!!!! Seriously?  OMG!!! I haven't seen Michelle in ages!!!! Let me call and see if they can add two to the rez"

The restaurant accommodated our request, and the date was set.

The minute I saw Michelle walking to the entrance, 
I jumped up with uncontrolled legs and excitement!
She hadn't changed a bit.
She greeted me with her trademark smile and her exuberant personality.



(Randy and Michelle
New Years Eve 1991 or 92 I think)

Randy worked with my dad and actually lived with us when I was around 12. 
 Then my Rand and Randy H. worked together in the field.
Randy H just couldn't get away from me (poor guy)....
he had become part of my family.
He and Michelle got married in 1988, and have since raised two beautiful daughters.
Year after year we exchange Christmas cards with updated pictures of the kids, yet haven't actually had a good visit in too long a time.

(Michelle, Me, Christi
LOL!!!!!
same New Years Eve 91-92)

Michelle and I picked up our laughs and loves and conversation as if we had only been separated by minimal time.
She is one of the most positive, genuine, uplifting, loving souls that I know.
She draws you in and makes you want to be next to her in hopes that her beauty will rub off onto a piece of you.

Our love and friendship has not wavered.
Some things never change.....
And for that, I am  happy :)

Best Valentine's EVER!!!!!!



2 comments:

Chelise said...

I think you are officially living by "Valentine's Day: It's what you make it!!"

lisa_sims said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you could reconnect with old...I mean good, not old....friends :-) Special! Especially on the day of love!