Monday, February 28, 2011


{Guilty as charged}


When the fashion police convict me of the "ugly in public" crime, I will have to plead guilty.
I am guilty of choosing comfort over fashion...
!!!!!WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!
I had no choice people!!!
Please!!!  
You must try to understand!!!
Let me explain:
Since I've turned the smelly ripe old age of 40, I've been doing life evaluations.....
some of the thoughts are in sane mind,
and some were in a not-so-sane mind.
But all the same, I decided that I want to try challenges and new experiences.
I'm shedding the say "NO" to life adventure's lizard skin and rebirthing a rainbow of glorious say "YES" skin.
Either that, or I have a really bad rash.

I signed up for a running clinic.
Just that right there should make most people laugh.
I am NOT a runner...
hell, most of you have seen me dance, walk, and try anything athletic, and it's apparent that I am missing the coordination gene.
The running clinic intrigued me for a couple reasons:
1~My galpal Lisa is in it.
(she is outta my league...she runs marathons)
2~The amazing trainer of the running clinic, Angela, told me that she does not promote running, she promotes and teaches proper body motion....even if that means teaching me how to walk like an upright homosapien without knock-knees and twisted-sister ankles.  She said that I may not come out of it a "runner", but my body will be transformed by summer's start.
I say that is incentive enough!
3~My new "yes" skin made me do it.

The clinic is for 7 weeks/2x week.
Lisa then tells me that we will have homework in between meetings.
I felt a little decieved....
nobody told me about homework until after my credit card payment went through.
ARGH!!!!
No backing out now.......

Anyway....back to fashion police issues.
I had to get a good pair of running shoes.
One's that would compensate for my freakish walk, and that would also comfort my neuorma'ed fragileeee feets.

Warning:
What you are about to see is embarrassing.
YOU will be embarrassed for ME.




These are my new running shoes.
They remind me of the Sketcher's rocker-platform-butt-enhance shoe.
(which I am totally NOT a fan of)
They also remind me of shoes that a person with one leg shorter than the other would need.




Supposedly, they are a top brand of running shoe, and when you are professionally fitted for running shoes, they purposely make you purchase fug-shoes 2 freakin sizes larger than your normal.
 I wear a 7.5......these boats are 9.5!!!!!


Looks like they've got some good reflectors on em.
I guess if people can't hear me coming from the slapping of the pavement in my dorko treads, they will be sure to see me with the glow of the big toe.

Wish me luck!!!

Signed,
Foresta Gump



6 comments:

Megan said...

In another life, long, long ago I was a runner. I know. I know. I have obviously kept me runner body. Anyhoo~ I saw a Nike ad once that said "Running is my time with my thoughts. I never realized how badly we needed to talk"... Good for you girl. Take care of yourself. And I did think those were rocker bottom shoes, that's for clarifying. :)

Anonymous said...

And she was running,from those shoes I hope.Oh gurl,you do what makes you happy.I'm going to run right out and get me some pie!!!

Auntie E

lisa_sims said...

STOP!!!! The shoes are great and your feet will thank you. I am not out of your league. We are in this together...for our health...mind, body and soul! Don't underestimate the power of your body or what you call your freakish, neuorm'ed feet. It is all you got and you are amazing! Can't wait to started running tomorrow!!!

You are going to look HOT in those shoes!!!!

paula said...

I'm worried that the shoes are so big you are going to trip over them.

No really-I second what Lisa said....it will be awesome for you. If I didn't have these milk jugs on my chest right now I'd be doing this with you gals. Maybe next year.

Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

02/28/2011

I love it! Perfect for 40-ish matrons
who start thinking serious about healthy, healthy glow and preventing shrinking bone mass rules.

GG B

Chelise said...

LOL! I 'm sorry.....hehehe just need a sec...heheheh. No really (they're not that bad) in high pitched voice! Its the 2 sizes bigger thang, that has me laughin :) THANK GOD they have reflectors!!!