Saturday, October 24, 2009

{Anyone got some pomade for
g-ma?}


Last weekend, grandma was excited about her upcoming hair cut appointment.
She was stongly thinking about having it cut/styled the same as
Mia Michaels (dancing with the stars choreographer).
Sounded adventurous and fun.





Then, I happened to be at Tracy's when D.W.T.S. came on.
We see Mia..........and her new BUZZ cut.
(rumor is she has cancer, so sad)
"OH hell no!  Don't even tell me g-ma went Susan Powter on our ass!"
Tracy was on the horn immediately to g-ma.
G-ma squashed our fears, and said she didn't
 "go Powter" on our ass.


This is her new "Mia" style with a couple stripes of
pinkish purple down the sides.

 


I love it!!!!
It is screams "Laura is here to be seen".
I appreciate that G-ma does what she wants with her style,
and doesn't let the
" 70's something granny" magazine
control how she is "supposed" to look, just to fit in with the stereotypical grandma. 
She never has been stereotypical......
no reason to start now!


3 comments:

Chelise said...

I love her hair! How fun and she looks great! :) I asked how I could go purple too? and was told a little purple in a can, for two bucks, at Walsuck is the way to go. I then had to ask if she did a spray and run, without purchasing the can, but was informed the transaction was made.. Way to go family! Because spray and run is usually the way we roll!

paula said...

What a sassy lady she is. The hairdo looks good on her. I think that lady is from "So You Think You Can Dance".
Keep your dancin shows straight. WAIT! You don't watch them.

Jolie said...

Oh yes!!! Thanks for correcting me Paula. TYPO.....Wrong dance show.....
If these dance shows had someone other than Donny Osmond, or young boys that cry, I probably would stay tuned more often!!!
You know I can't do that stuff!
Well, except maybe some American Idol.....